• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

kenwood steam engine (6hp)

J

John Schneider

I have a kenwood steam engine which was sold through the Sears Roebuk and Company and would like some information on it.Any books that I can find I would like to know about.

J

Joe Prindle

I have two Kenwood engines or Kenwood look alikes. I was told that they were built in Kalamazoo, MI, by C.H. Dutton Co. One of my engines is a horzintal and the other is a vertical. They are both 4x6 inch bore and stroke. The little bits of original paint on them appears to be dark red. Other than that, I know nothing and would like to learn more about them myself. Joe

A

Allen

Take the part # to Sears customer service/parts counter, and ask for a new set of rings-- Ya,I suppose its petty but do I enjoy giving Bob Villa's boys a hard time. Especially considering most of em seem to think that if sumptin ain in their pooter database, then Sears obviously never sold it.

P

Patrick Traubert

I might as well say I got one too. A 3 X 4-1/2. I was told they were made by Fairbanks Morse. Sears never made anything so who really knows?

J

Joe Prindle

This is beginning to sound like some sorta support group "My name is Joe and I have one of those steam engines,too!" Well, they have one in the New England Steam and Wireless Museum, has anyone asked Mr. Merriam about the engines and who built it? Joe

P

Paul Woodworth

HI: John Maybe I can help date your steam Eng. If you have a Gardner Governor on it, send the Ser: # I can look up the date that the Gov. was shipped, & to whom. I see a lot of small Gov. was shipped to the C.H.Dutton Co. Paul