• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Kermath Marine Engine

grega

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/30/2016
I cant think of a good place to post this, but here seems better than any other. I found this odd water cooled engine a little while back. It says "Herman" or something like that on the head along with "Detroit Mich USA". it has a Wico mag and a Zenith carb. The water jacket is pretty busted up and its stuck. It has an aluminum piston. I would guess its from the 60's but pretty much everything on it is cast iron. About the only thing that isn't is the trans case. It has a small water pump in front of the mag. I don't believe the starter is original and instead of a base it has a tin plate bolted to the bottom and it has mounting ears coming off the side of the block. Anyway I'd like to know who manufactured this engine and anything else about it.
-Greg

Attachments

Last edited:

Brownboat

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/03/2016
Re: Herman? marine engine I.D.

Is there a small plate on top of the transmission? If so,may have the model number or name stamped into the plate.

grega

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/30/2016
Anyone have any other info? Also is it rare, or even worth fixing?
-Greg