• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Kohler 3.5a21 Carburetor rebuild

Kohler3.5a21

Registered
Hello all ,

I bought a kohler 3.5a21 lite power plant last winter and I have been google searching for days now with no luck. The gen that i have has the l600 engine, I am trying to find a diagram of the carburetor. (yb-a2) I dont believe i have all the parts to it there is some places that looks like things are missing , like a glass settlement bulb and also some open ports on the carb,

Any help i could get would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

mmcdonald

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
04/13/2017
The carb is YB-2A or 2B etc. number first. I do not have a diagram but do have a few NOS parts in stock. If no one supplies a diagram for you, I may be able to answer some questions if you have pictures. I have worked on a handful over the years. If you search on smokstak for L600 manual you may find some info possibly.

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
What is the serial number and spec number on your Kohler? I have some manuals that may be of some help.

Keith

Kohler3.5a21

Registered
Serial number for the carb is 240460a, I did find a picture of the carb but it does not help much

---------- Post added at 12:17:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16:08 PM ----------

Model number is Kohler 3.5a21 4 cyclender l600 engine

---------- Post added at 12:18:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17:38 PM ----------

sorry miss typed it YB-2A

---------- Post added at 12:20:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18:41 PM ----------

The carb is YB-2A or 2B etc. number first. I do not have a diagram but do have a few NOS parts in stock. If no one supplies a diagram for you, I may be able to answer some questions if you have pictures. I have worked on a handful over the years. If you search on smokstak for L600 manual you may find some info possibly.
what parts do you have i am missing some parts for the carb

---------- Post added at 12:25:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20:50 PM ----------

Here is the picture i found i am missing the cap on the bottom of the carb

mmcdonald

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
04/13/2017
Not sure what you're calling a "cap" unless its a plate on the bottom. I "think" that carb was set up so it could function in 90 and 180 air draft configurations and I think that cap could be screwed on either port that wasn't used(but I'm going off 10 year old memory or so). If I am on the right track you'll have to make the "cap" more than likely, I think it's just a flat piece of metal. If you're talking about the slotted plugs they're just 1/8" NPT you can get many places. I don't have much for parts but think I still have a gasket set, needle & seat, float, etc. Maybe something else but definitely not the "cap" if we are talking about the same part.

jack0

Registered
The carb could also be used for tri-fuel use. The knock out plug is removed and a load block is bolted to the bottom of the carb for propane or natural gas.