• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Kohler 4AM21

Newoldstock

Registered
Did I post this already?
I don't remember...

Its an automatic plant I have not started to dig into.
Its not seized and does not appear to be missing any parts or suffering any modifications.
Has a shielded ignition that I thought was kind of different.

Saturated pole type 4 pole gen with nothing fancy under the dog house except the auto start system that looks intact.

Attachments

Zephyr7

Registered
Re: 4am21

What is splattered all over the engine? Looks like oil? Or is it just wear or an oddball paint job?

Bill

Firegazer

Registered

Hey, I own a 4am21 generator plant. I'm trying to find a wiring schematic for the controller on my unit. Wires are of 4 colors. And some of the items in controller box are stumping me. The controller #0-248670B.

Wondering what you have found in your search? Any help from any members would be appreciated.
Thank you

LWB250

Registered

Hey, I own a 4am21 generator plant. I'm trying to find a wiring schematic for the controller on my unit. Wires are of 4 colors. And some of the items in controller box are stumping me. The controller #0-248670B.

Wondering what you have found in your search? Any help from any members would be appreciated.
Thank you
The drawing number for your generator is C-248671. Contact one of the legacy distributors listed in the FAQ at the top of the forum and ask for the service department, NOT parts! Ask them nicely if you can get this drawing from them and they can probably email or fax you a copy.

Dan