• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Kohler 4AM61 in needof R2 resistor

Firegazer

Registered
Hello.
I own a Kohler 4AM61, 10240B3-7A-24, P3011. I am wanting to find electrical testing steps that would be in the service manual. To allow me test circuits in my machine from pin to pin etc. So I can find voltage, resistance etc between points.
Also for my kohler I need to locate a resistor R2 it has burned up. It's a 15 ohm but no listing of wattage? What would be the voltage at resistor supply? I've tried a few locations with no luck. Is there a different one I could use (lower/higher ohm, wattage). If I'm not able to find one. How would I be able to by-pass the battery charge circuit completely and put a VR like from a garden tractor in its place. I want to use my generator.

Thank you

Derek

Attachments

Last edited:

Firegazer

Registered
Hello.
I own a Kohler 4AM61, 10240B3-7A-24, P3011. I am wanting to find electrical testing steps that would be in the service manual. To allow me test circuits in my machine from pin to pin etc. So I can find voltage, resistance etc between points.
Also for my kohler I need to locate resistor R2 it has burned up. I've tried a few locations with no luck. Is there a different one I could use (lower/higher ohm, wattage). If I'm not able to find one. How would I be able to by-pass the battery charge circuit completely and put a VR like from a garden tractor in its place. I want to use my generator.

Thank you

Derek

In addition to my previous post I've attached a wire diagram to this post. And if possible how I can work around my circuit to get away from the resistors for future use of machine?
20200120_155854.jpg