• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

kohler 7.5c61-rv

park546

Registered
First post for new member here. I have recently become the new caretaker of a 7.5c61-rv. This unit was rusted tight when I began my quest. I soaked the cylinders with 2 cans of PB Blaster and got it freed up. Valves stuck open. Never had any experience with these units before. I got it running! Smoked like crazy at first but seems to be cleared up. 100psi compression on all 4 and 20 psi oil pressure. Makes power. Unit looks rough but seems to be pretty much unmolested. I've read anything I can find on it. Plan to run it as my backup power at an off grid property. I think that it is a great find and look forward to any info I can continue to dig up. I think it is early 80's? Painted blue but I can see gold under it. Set-up to run propane. Any hints or suggestions on where to find parts or things to watch would be much appreciated.

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Welcome to the 'Stak! :wave:

Water cooled flathead four? If so the engine should be a Kohler L-654. Post some photos including the nameplate and we can tell you more. :brows:

Keith