• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Kohler Confidant 5 5CKM21 Service Manual

gotaz

Registered
Hey, hope everyone fairing well after hurricane, if it affected you.
I could use the manuals as well, went to drag out my unit when I started having some issues with my bigger genset only to find quite a few wires, including spark plug wire, chewed through by some little vermin.
:mad:

gotaz

Registered
Hey, hope everyone fairing well after hurricane, if it affected you.
I could use the manuals as well, went to drag out my unit when I started having some issues with my bigger genset only to find quite a few wires, including spark plug wire, chewed through by some little vermin.
:mad:
guess it would help if I put in email address
bobby.creech@gmail.com

P-Dot Trott

Registered
Hello Kevin,

I read everything and apparently you're the man! I even set up a non hotmail email account for you. If you could please send the manual I would greatly appreciate it. My email is pdottrott@gmail.com

Thanks so much in advance.

Paul

Kevin K

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
P-Dot Trott, the manuals should be in your mailbox. At least with Gmail I can have some confidence they will actually be delivered.

sweatheads

Registered
I am excited about this wonderful forum.

I was looking for the service manual for the Kohler 5ckm21. In this forum I have seen several posts asking this manual, but I see that the only way to acquire it is through an email by any member. I would appreciate any fellow member who possesses share it with me through my email: scot68gt@yahoo.com.

Thank you in advance,

Florida Sweatheads

1catdad

Registered
Re: KOHLER CONFIDANT 5 5CKM21 Service Manual

Chris, I know this post is old but did you get this issue resolved. I have one with the same issue.

hb280zt

Registered
Hello all,

I also have a Kohler Confidant 5 5CKM21 generator in my RV and am having issues with it. I would like to get a copy of the service manual: hcbradley3@verizon.net.

the problem I am having right now is that the unit will run with no load for about 5 minutes and then shut off. I see that I am not starving for fuel because the fuel filter is mostly fun and the RV fuel tank is full. I can also run a small load if it falls within the 5 minutes of run time. If I put a large load on it say the AC unit it will run for a few minutes then shut off. if I try to restart it after it shuts off it will not restart. this all started to happen after I did an oil change like I do once a year. not sure how an oil change would cause this type of problem just stating all of the known facts I have.

Thanks for your help.
Harry

vik1961

Registered
Good morning,
I am a new member to this great site and I need someone who can send me a copy of the service manual for my Kohler Confidant 5 5ckm21 generator. I am trying to change the oil, filter, spark plug, air filter, ect. If anyone could send me this manual it would be greatly appreciated.:) Thanks.

Jake33

Registered
Hello I am also new to this site. I would like the service and parts manuals also please. I picked up a Confidant 5 for a 100 bucks a few weeks ago. I got it up and running with no issues, wired it into my shop and it powers everything just fine. I got it to run my off grid cabin and to charge my batteries. My inverter can only handle 2500 watts and my current generator is a generac standby 14000 watt generator that screams at almost 4k rpm. Has anyone converted these to propane so they can start still start with a remote start switch? Thanks for the help Jacob.loepp@gmail.com

evilroy

Registered
Hi, I am in need of the service and parts manual for the Kohler confidant 5 generator on my 94 Georgie Boy motorhome. Haven't been able to get it to start and stay running, need to troubleshoot badly. Thanks in advance...evilroy

my email is evilroy01@msn.com

evilroy

Registered
Hi Kevin, I have a 94 Georgie Boy motorhome with a confidant 5 model M20EP serial 233595502366 spec 49636 that I can't get to run :eek:and could sure use the service and parts manuals if they're still available. Thanks much...evilroy01@msn.com

RM3

Registered
Re: KOHLER CONFIDANT 5 5CKM21 Service Manual

I am in need for manuals for Kohler Confidant V - 5CKM21-RV. It is rated at 5000 Watts, 1800 RPM, 41.6 AMPS.

---------- Post added at 02:39:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33:38 PM ----------

I am in need for manuals for Kohler Confidant V - 5CKM21-RV. It is rated at 5000 Watts, 1800 RPM, 41.6 AMPS. My email is rossmartin3list@verizon.net

jayjacobsen

Registered
I am a new member to this forum and I appreciate the opportunity to share information. I acquired an RV with the Kohler Confidant 5 5KCM21 generator and I am having problems getting it running. I see from these posts that a Service Manual is available and I appreciate a copy if possible. My email is: jayjacobsen@live.com

Thank you in advance.

BenJoleo

Registered
Hello everyone. If anyone with the service manual for the Confidant 5 5ckm21 still sees this thread, can you please send a copy to me and thanks in advance. BENJOLEO@YAHOO.COM
anyone ever find an aftermarket sub for the oil and air filters on these? :shrug:

Bob morris

Registered
Hi everybody,, I find myself also in need for KOHLER CONFIDANT 5 5CKM21 Service Manual,, mine cranks but will not start , am outing in new plugs today and hopes it will start!