• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Kohler Confidant 5 5CKM21 Service Manual

burdicda

Registered
Hello all,

I also have a Kohler Confidant 5 5CKM21 generator in my RV and am having issues with it. I would like to get a copy of the service manual: hcbradley3@verizon.net.

the problem I am having right now is that the unit will run with no load for about 5 minutes and then shut off. I see that I am not starving for fuel because the fuel filter is mostly fun and the RV fuel tank is full. I can also run a small load if it falls within the 5 minutes of run time. If I put a large load on it say the AC unit it will run for a few minutes then shut off. if I try to restart it after it shuts off it will not restart. this all started to happen after I did an oil change like I do once a year. not sure how an oil change would cause this type of problem just stating all of the known facts I have.

Thanks for your help.
Harry
I have the same problem and after replacing the fuel pump, the hard fuel lines on the carb, and just about everything else...I found the main fuel hose about 6 inches back into the flex hose cover hiding was a split in the fuel lines....ever try to get a drink thru a straw that had a cut in it ???
Will replace entire fuel line if I can get to it or splice and patch with some of that super tape that seals against anything in the universe and a male/male barb ended splice (let all know what happens...)

burdicda

Registered
Re: KOHLER CONFIDANT 5 5CKM21 Service Manual

Thank you for your assistance in advance. I am having issue with 5ckm21, will not run after releasing start switch. Watching led indicators on control board #5 and #1 lite dimly if you hold switch long enough. Could use service manual to trouble shoot and parts manual to get correct part# for replacement. Ty Chris
I had the same problem and found one of several wires routed outside the control box had become unplugged it had male/female spade connectors on it and for some reason one of them had unplugged itself..after forcefully reconnecting that one wire's spade connectors to each other the generator would continue to run after releasing the start switch.

burdicda

Registered
Re: KOHLER CONFIDANT 5 5CKM21 Service Manual

Hi Kevin,
If you still have it, can you please email me a copy of your Confidant 5 service manual? I have a Georgie Boy motorhome that has been sitting for 3 1/2 years, and cannot get the generator to start. I could really use a copy of the service manual.
Thank you very much,
Dave Hanson
hansoda@mchsi.com
I have a Georgie Boy 96/97 with the same generator, I have extensively worked over that generator and if can be of any help contact me back....