• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Kohler G2001 PTO Generator for troybilt tiller

Mike26711

Registered
This is my first post I was wandering if anyone have any info on these units. I have attached a picture of the data plate and installed unit. I also snapped a pic of the regulator numbers. I believe kohler made these for Troy bilt. It took me awhile to find one and it worked great until a few weeks ago during a power outage I ran it for 4hrs under light load. Went to use next morning kicked it in and nothing first thing I noticed was hz gauge wasn’t working, and checked and had no voltage. I verified proper engine speed, PTO operation. The generator is spinning. Any help would be appreciated.

Kohler G2001, serial#225825; spec11507. 2.6kw

Attachments

Wayne 440

Registered
If it was mine, I would carefully check for loose or corroded connections etc.

For what it is worth, that B-239311 regulator is costly to replace. The last one I priced (did not buy) was over $600.

Mike26711

Registered
I checked all connections inside and they looks tight, brushes are clean. Also checked an inline fuse and it was good. I rechecked voltage and it was outputting 4v ac.

Mike26711

Registered
Thanks I really appreciate the help, this will give me a place to start. There is a test I found for the regulator I will try. If it’s bad I won’t be using it anymore the regulator cost 4 times what paid for the whole thing.

G Sams

Registered
If it was mine, I would carefully check for loose or corroded connections etc.

For what it is worth, that B-239311 regulator is costly to replace. The last one I priced (did not buy) was over $600.
When I replaced the regulator on my 5mm65 30 years ago, I squealed like a stuck hog at $75.