• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS. GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Kohler Gen Set... Would you give $150.00 for this?

Thermographer

Registered
2000 watts 120 volt 4 cyl. water coold engine.1800rpm unit,not a screamer. I used this for emergency power for 15 years. It is set up for propane vapor from a grill tank,included.needs minor work on propane system.electric or crank start. can demonstrate working.this is a big heavy pig from a 60s motorhome.would be great at a campsite.no one will steal it.I Can't do pictures.phone calls only.

Also what would it take to convert to gas? Fuel tank and carb i'm guessing.

dkamp

eMail NOT Working
A 4cyl water cooled from the 60's, and it turns, and runs, for $150...

Yeah... in a heartbeat. Entirely fixable, and more durable, more reliable, and absolutely unmatched for value by ANYTHING available today, at ANY price. It might have a selenium rectifier in it, if so, that's the ONLY component that'd be subject to damage in a nuclear event... and (because of aging-rate failures), replace it with a $6 20A 1kv silicon bridge rectifier, and it'll be good for a hundred years.

The gaseous fuel systems on these were USUALLY a liquid-fuel carb fitted with a gaseous port and 'power' adjustment, connected to a demand regulator... you could feed it either liquid (to the carbeurator bowl) or gaseous (through the demand reg), and it wouldn't care.

IF yours has a float bowl, then it's a tri-fuel (Gasoline, NG/Propane). Only concern, is that a tri-fuel setup that's been running for years on gaseous, has had a float bowl that has been empty forever, so the float valve is probably no longer able to seat, and the float may have been degraded (worn, etc) as a result of hours of vibration while hanging by the pivot pin, perhaps even touching the bowl wall or main jet protrusion... so before you put gasoline in, drop the bowl and have a look at the float, needle, and seat.