Kohler K121

K-Tron

Does anyone have any parts for a Kohler K121 engine? This is a very odd and unusual 5hp engine built specifically for G.H. Tennant. I had been looking for one for years and bought it sight unseen from a friend who spotted it at Coolspring. Sadly the engine has nothing inside of it. I thought I was at least getting a longblock, but it is basically just a crankcase, crankshaft, flywheel, blower shroud, cylinder head, camshaft, valves, and starter motor. I am looking for the specialty ignition coil, regulator, rectifier, piston, connecting rod, carburetor, intake, muffler, etc, basically another parts engine. If anyone has parts or knows of a core K121 that can be bought I would love to hear about it. I have wanted one of these engines for years to complete my Kohler single cylinder lineup. No sense in having a complete collection if the weakest link does not run....

Chris

John Dunn

I once had a Kohler, possibly 121, out of a Tennant sweeper. It was propane and had a factory gear reduction box. A guy was going to use it on a vintage snowmobile but found the crankshaft wrong. Crank end had a taper for gear reduction drive like generators have.

K-Tron

Although this engine was built for Tennant, I have never seen this particular engine on one. They must have been limited production or a total failure. After years of searching for one of these, I have only ever come across a total of five other K121s. They are proving to be elusive. This engine has a straight crankshaft with no reduction on it. There has to be more of them out there.

Chris