• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Kohler K121

K-Tron

Registered
Does anyone have any parts for a Kohler K121 engine? This is a very odd and unusual 5hp engine built specifically for G.H. Tennant. I had been looking for one for years and bought it sight unseen from a friend who spotted it at Coolspring. Sadly the engine has nothing inside of it. I thought I was at least getting a longblock, but it is basically just a crankcase, crankshaft, flywheel, blower shroud, cylinder head, camshaft, valves, and starter motor. I am looking for the specialty ignition coil, regulator, rectifier, piston, connecting rod, carburetor, intake, muffler, etc, basically another parts engine. If anyone has parts or knows of a core K121 that can be bought I would love to hear about it. I have wanted one of these engines for years to complete my Kohler single cylinder lineup. No sense in having a complete collection if the weakest link does not run....

Chris

John Dunn

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/04/2009
I once had a Kohler, possibly 121, out of a Tennant sweeper. It was propane and had a factory gear reduction box. A guy was going to use it on a vintage snowmobile but found the crankshaft wrong. Crank end had a taper for gear reduction drive like generators have.

K-Tron

Registered
Although this engine was built for Tennant, I have never seen this particular engine on one. They must have been limited production or a total failure. After years of searching for one of these, I have only ever come across a total of five other K121s. They are proving to be elusive. This engine has a straight crankshaft with no reduction on it. There has to be more of them out there.

Chris