• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Kohler K482 - Mystery Hose ??

kpowl

Registered
I am working on a Roof Palomino mower that has a Kohler K482 engine in it and have a question about a "mystery" hose on the engine. It is located directly above the oil filter. The end of the hose has been plugged with a bolt. I am not seeing anywhere that the end of the hose should hook up to. I have attached a couple of pictures. Does anyone know why the hose is there or what it attaches to?? Thanks for any information.

Attachments

kpowl

Registered
Thank you for the quick reply!! Would it hurt anything if I plugged it off at the block or should I leave it as is? Thanks for your thoughts.

I like oldstuff

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/09/2015
Plug it anywhere you like. It only takes pulses of crankshaft air pressure to run the fuel pump that you obviously don't need.

Partsman

Card Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
02/05/2020
Check and see if the nipple in the block is screwed in, if so It's probably 1/8 pipe. Unscrew it and get a brass 1/8 pipe plug and problem solved neatly.