• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Kohler Light Plant Dating

oliver1

Registered
Hi Folks
can anyone date my kohler lighting plant for me the data plate reads :- K serial number 80879, 3 kw , 1 kva ,volts 110 d.c. 1.8 amp per term ,1 phase ,4 hp . any information would be helpful as there isn't much hear in the uk

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Re: kohler light plant dating

Interesting. Do you have any photos of the set and it's nameplate? Something's not adding up with that data.

Anyway, assuming it's not modern ('70's or later) that serial number comes up as 1943.

Please post photos if you can! :wave:

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Re: kohler light plant dating

Oh yes, very nice. This series of Kohler plants are my favorite. Looks like yours is a Model K. Should be 2 kw, 110 volt DC, automatic, and 1350 rpm. That would be 18 amps per terminal. Definitely 1943 with that serial number. Have you had it running?

oliver1

Registered
Hi there .Yes it runs very well and incredibly smooth with minimal vibration .it generates power to light the bulbs on the test board . Is it possible to get new carbon brushes for the dynamo ? Any suppliers in the USA .