• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Kohler Magnum 16 Stator Identification

gdstew

Registered
Re: Kohler magnum 16 stator identification

Welcome to the Stak

There are several ways to get the correct part, an easy way is by providing the spec number of the engine, most rec/regs have a part number on them, and the rate can be determined by the posts if they are straight across, or "V" shaped. Rec/regs have gotten smaller and cheaper the last several years and with a little ingenuity you can use the new ones in place of the bigger, more expensive ones. Do you have any numbers?

Devyn000

Registered

Unfortunately the number plate on the engine is gone. The number on the rec/reg is 41 403 09.

gdstew

Registered

That is a 15amp unit, replaced by 41 403 10 . Kohler sells those about $70, there are aftermarkets for a lot less but how good??? Don't know!

We had a different one we sold a lot of, used on everything about $35. I knew where it was on the shelf but I don't remember the number. It was 25 403 ??, have to do more searching. I've been out of the game too long.

Devyn000

Registered

Awesome; thanks for the clarification. I will be picking one up as soon as i can.