• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Kohler Model S Light Plant Barn Find

TekNik

Registered
I am posting for a friend who has yet to join Smokstak.

He has a barn find Kohler model S light plant and is looking for any information on it.

Thanks in advance,
TekNik

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Hi, was this the one that just recently sold on ebay?

Of all of the Kohler manuals I've managed to collect, I do not have one for the Model S. I believe it is 115 volt, dc, 800 watt automatic.

What questions does he have? And please post photos. :D

Keith

TekNik

Registered
Keith,
No, it is not the one from ebay. It is a fresh barn find it was in that location for about 30 years.

It is a 110v dc automatic start, 800watts.

We are trying to get it running again and pictures will follow later today, hopefully.

Thanks,
TekNik

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Nice! I wonder if the paint is original? I'm always trying to figure out what colors the earlier ones were....

Serial number chart shows early-ish in 1925.

TekNik

Registered
Vanman,
We suspect that the paint is original.

Out of curiosity, where did you find the serial number chart?
We are looking for plumbing and wireing diagrams with acceptable values.

Thanks,
TekNik

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
It's been so long ago that I do not recall who, but it was someone here that emailed the chart to me. For the price of an email address I can send it to you too. :brows: Just contact me via email through the Stak or by PM.

I do not have any manuals for the Model S, however I suspect it is practically identical to the Model D. I have three Model Ds AND a manual. I'd be happy to scan the relevant page(s) and send those along as well. Your contriller physically looks the same. The Model D is the 1500 watt, 115 volt DC automatic.