• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

Kohler R series manual available here

Ed Sparks

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
06/28/2015
got it fine, 51 pages.
Don't need it right now , but building the library never hurts.
Ed

Kevin K

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
It downloaded fine. Thanks. I'll add it to my very small collection of Kohler manuals.

BTPost

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
12/29/2008
It is now in my Archive.... Thanks..

vacuum

Registered
Downloaded w/o any problem. The manual is for 1 phase but I hope to be able to use it for repairing my Bubbed wired 3 phase. Thank you

Spam16v

Registered
Jumping around like a mental patient right now. Thank you! I see thanks give, where is the option to thank the OP?

Daverepair

Registered
If you do a search I posted a 20ROP81 diagram somewhere here.

Look here Kohler shop Manual 20ROP81 spec.13302B28

Correction, Search that in Kohler section

dkamp

eMail NOT Working
Yep... I think Fileswap.com is AWOL, or their DNS has been botched.

12.5R62... I believe that's 230 3phase DELTA, four cylinder Waukesha FC140, 32v battery start, remote connections on terminals 5 and 6 ...

Am I right?

Kevin K

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
The manual link was an old post from April 2012 and links go bad quickly on the internet.

12.5R62:
12.5 = 12,500 watts
R = remote start
6 = 120/240 single phase 3 wire
2 = Combination Gas/Gasoline or Straight Gas

Read the Kohler FAQ sticky on top of the threads for a lot more information. Unlike Onan, the Kohler model number is not very specific. We need the spec number to find information on what you have. Pictures are welcome and very helpful.

The abandoned link was to manual TP-5110 which covered single phase R series models 5RMY, 5RMOY, 7RMY, 7.5R, 7.5C, 10RY, 10RMOY, 15RMY, 15RMOY, 17RY, and 17.5ROY.

Oldsparks

Registered
No, it's single phase either 12.5 or 11 kw with a 4 cylinder continental engine.

---------- Post added at 03:19:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16:23 PM ----------

The manual link was an old post from April 2012 and links go bad quickly on the internet.

12.5R62:
12.5 = 12,500 watts
R = remote start
6 = 120/240 single phase 3 wire
2 = Combination Gas/Gasoline or Straight Gas

Read the Kohler FAQ sticky on top of the threads for a lot more information. Unlike Onan, the Kohler model number is not very specific. We need the spec number to find information on what you have. Pictures are welcome and very helpful.

The abandoned link was to manual TP-5110 which covered single phase R series models 5RMY, 5RMOY, 7RMY, 7.5R, 7.5C, 10RY, 10RMOY, 15RMY, 15RMOY, 17RY, and 17.5ROY.
You are on the money spec wise. The model number says 12.5 but the spec tab says 11kw so which is correct? thanks

Oldsparks

Registered
Oldsparks;1536007]Just joined and tried to download the manual for a Kohler 12.5 R 62 to no avail. Said the page could not be found. The problem could be on my end. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Some pics of what I have. 12.5KW or 11KW. Need to size breaker. Thanks

Attachments

Kevin K

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Looks like you have an older exciter cranked revolving armature generator with a Continental Y112 engine. Not too much literature is available on those older units. From the controller spec number C-268326F, you need wiring diagram C-268327, which can be obtained from a Kohler distributor as described in the sticky FAQ.

Engine service manual here:
http://manuals.chudov.com/Continental-Engines/Continental-L-Head-F-163-etc-Overhaul-Manual.pdf

And here:
http://pipeweldrig.com/files/weld/Continental L-Head Engines - mnt+overhaul manual.pdf

Parts manual link here:
https://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152273