• The old site search from Google needs to be updated. Use the Search at the Upper Right, or use What's New in the center - it has a drop down arrow. You will need to change your Favorits by right click mouse and clicking favorites. Many of the posts in How to Use This Web Site are old so the links may or may not work. I have one hell of a lot of work to do!

KR Wilson Combo Machine

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
After years of positioning myself and looking in the right places I’ve obtained a KR Wilson Ford Model A and T combination machine and most of the fixtures for less than half of what Ebay wanted for a complete set.
I jumped on the only flat belt drive version I’d ever seen...
If you’re thinking I still paid too much you must know something I don’t know. KR Wilson Ford stuff is a commodity!
Here’s a convenient picture off the internet. My version never had an electric motor nor do I want one. Fits the flat belt shop vibe just fine.
If anyone here has any knowledge or experience with this machine please add your two cents.

Attachments

slip knot

Subscriber
KR Wilson made some really nice tools. and your right, they are priced accordingly. I know nothing about your combination machine but I know its a jewel to the right person.

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
It line-bores the freshly poured Babbitt main bearings. Before insert bearings.
I have no experience with installing Babbitt bearings or this machine. I’m hoping for some expertise.
I seem to be missing a few of the smaller pieces from the machine but I think I’m way ahead on price. I certainly have an unusual and early variant of the machine.

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
CB, I’m still trying to buy that great old Wiedenhoff generator tester machine. Turns out the auto parts company originally bought three. The one in Dinuba is being defended like the Normandy beaches. Smith Auto Parts changed hands. I thought for sure that was my “IN”.

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Really interesting tooling. To me what is even more interesting would be knowing how to use them. The knowledge of the machinist is what turns these tools into useful working fixtures. If one can find the training manuals would be a great resource, not many folks around today know how to set up and do an engine job.

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
I would have liked to have gotten this one as it was built just a few miles away from me in Freeport IL with the Patent Pending on it, but limited funds kept me from getting it.

I Did pick up a nice Black and decker Valve Grinder though, along with a Hit & Miss Buzz Coil with a Knife Switch on the side.

:salute:

Attachments

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
Very nice B&D valve grinder!
Do you remember the price on the Shoemaker set?
Since you’ve got to commit to something I committed to Sioux valve grinder outfits.
Thanks for the great pictures!