• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Kutztown Pennsylvania Auction

Bob Krummel

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2019
Anyone going? Not much promotion (I have seen the auctionzip listing) and why no George Jacobs. It's the only auction my better half attends, and she says we are going. She wants breakfast at Lettermans Diner.

Galan Hackman

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
12/11/2019
Bob,
From the listing, not many engines or parts there. Not like it was in the past. What I'm hearing George got out of the auctions. I'm not planing on going.
Galan

John Hamilton

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/25/2019
First h&m engine I ever saw was at Kutztown about 1970. It was a Pa Dutch festival I think and right in the middle this guy had a 1 1/2 hp engine running, doing something. It was in its original paint.

I contracted the disease on the spot. It's 41 years later and the shop is still a mess.

Bob Krummel

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2019
About 20 engines, of which only 4 held any interest to me, meaning that I paid little attention to the others. No list was given out, and the auctioneer did little to describe engines as to size or condition. That being said, I did record what I thought the engine was and price paid, but don't hold me to it.

Ideal model V mower engine (correct carb) $160
Cream seperator engine (mag but no flywheel) $460
Stover K 1.5hp original on cart (best engine there) $1900
Briggs FI (good correct carb) $340

Now for the others.... Iron Horse $70 FM Z 3hp? $470
Unito 1.75hp $625 LA 1.5 $80 Briggs FH $150
Wade drag saw $210 LB 3-5hp? $200 Witte 2hp? $400
New Sattley 1.5hp? $185 Sandwich 4hp $650 FM ZD $45
Cushman Cub (tall hopper) $25 Herc 3-4hp? $350
Sprayer rig / wagon / Witte engine $550 (on ebay now)
Domestic pump with FM engine $500 1.5hp M $260
1.5M (stuck, more stuck, everything stuck complete with frost
crack) $210

Breakfast at Lettermans diner was the high point, and i did buy a Geiger counter....just in case.

Jeff Miley

Registered
I have attended the auctions there in the past. We always ate at Lettermans. Where else can you get a 10,000 calorie breakfast for a fair price. That place is like a piece of history. Interesting to see and the amount of food you get is unreal. Now I am getting hungry.

Bob Krummel

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2019
Jeff, I saw something on the menu that I hadn't seen in past years. I think they called it The Ultimate Breakfast. For a mere $16.00 you get 4 eggs, 5 (yes 5, not a choice of which 5, but 5 different) meats, potatoes, pancakes or french toast, toast or bagel, and liquid of choice. That ought to fix your hunger!!!

Jeff Miley

Registered
That's the kind of breakfast you do not serve with a spatula but a shovel. I remember the first time I went in there. I looked across the crowd and I was the smallest person there. I weigh about 230 and I am 6-6"tall. Must be the good food. If I remember correctly we skipped lunch that day. Not sure why.