• The old site search from Google needs to be updated. Use the Search at the Upper Right, or use What's New in the center - it has a drop down arrow. You will need to change your Favorits by right click mouse and clicking favorites. Many of the posts in How to Use This Web Site are old so the links may or may not work. I have one hell of a lot of work to do!

L654 engine electric choke replacement

stevegnh

While I believe the electric choke on my 7.5R23 Kohler genset is working, it has a very loose terminal, so I've been looking for a replacement.

Part number is 277469, which is discontinued as many of us know, but I've found Kohler part number 359356 which suggests on many sites that it *may* be a replacement for 277469 and 277469-S. It sure looks the same, but I'm not sure if the springs could be different and have more or less resistance. While not a ton of money, about $65, I hate to just waste it if it won't work.

Does anyone know if this choke assembly, 359356, can be used on a the 7.5R genset and the L654 engine? My genset spec is 106275-A.

Thanks!