• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Lang Pioneer Village Smoke and Steam Show

Contaucreek

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2017
Great show in a great setting. I'll be there .....but not showing this year.

Salty

Registered
I'm looking forward to attending as well. Finally got the new exhaust valve installed in my Novo. And I'll bring my newest addition, an Ideal Model R. You should bring that Ball Lister you picked up Paul. It sure would make for interesting discussion. Gary

MD4302

Registered
It was a huge success. Met lots of Smokstak members including Salty, Contaucreek, James Bosma, Ed Down, and Larry Healy. Handed out a ton of Smokstak business cards (they sure came in handy). Saw some great engines and tractors.

And true to form, everything runs great at home but some always fail when there's a crowd around. The Alpha DeLavals purred all day, got an old 4 HP Massey Harris going and it too purred all day. The McCormick Deering chugged away belted to the Buzz saw but the T Eaton let me down. Some how the push rod for the ignitor slid down the shaft and the timing was all wrong. Also got a John Deer that has no spark from the ignitor so there's lots to fix.

Anyone going to the Lindsay steam show next weekend ? I'll be there on Saturday.

MD4302

Registered
I only got this one photo of my set up. Made a quick walk through the rest of the show and talked to lots of people but forgot my damn camera in the truck...Lesson learned.

casertractor

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/24/2018
did the steam engine end up running at the show:shrug:? as i know they had a problem with the boiler inspection.John

sloanjeff

Registered
We attended this years Lang Steam Show for the first time. I was one of 6 chainsaw collectors displaying saws. Here are a few photos.

sloanjeff

Registered
We attended this years Lang Steam Show for the first time. I was one of 6 chainsaw collectors displaying saws. Here are a few photos.

sloanjeff

Registered