• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Larry Weber Estate auction

P

Polaraman

Some Steam engines going up for auction in Yuma Arizona. There is an Avery, Sawyer-Massey and a 75 Case up for sale. My puter won't download the auction flyer to get more information. I did not see where the auction was discussed here. Are they undiscovered engines or does somebody here know them? I do not plan to go or bid on the engines. Some of you have bid low and ended up winning the auction. I have enough trouble with the neighbors with my stuff right now. Could you cliam the traction engine to be a lawn ornament???? :brows: A lot of old iron is up for sale. Hope some of you are successful in getting some of it. Good luck.

Thought the auction thread would start some good discussion. Here is the link: http://www.kruse.com/auctions/yuma07/yuma.pdf

polaraman
AKA: SFC Mensinger

Sawyer-Massey 11-22

Registered
Polarman: Check on "Old Lugs and Cleats" on this site, and look up the "Dome Valley Museum" thread. There are a few of us who follow both forums. Thankyou though for posting it here as well.

Robert

Reeves1665

Registered
There is also an Aultman Taylor steamer hiding there. I am planning on going out Friday night for the sale Saturday and Sunday......

Josh

Chuck Sindelar

In Memory Of
There is a 4 page feature story about Larry Weber and his "Dome Valley Museum" in Vol. 5, Issue 12 (July 2003) of "Farm Collector".
chuck

John Davidson

eMail NOT Working
Last Subscription Date
11/25/2019
The Kruse catalog has 100 pages. The lot numbers go to over 5400 including the parts tractors of 1400. Probably can get a catalog by going to WWW.KRUSE.COMand ask for Dome ValleyMuseum Tractor Auction catalog.

Kiwi Todd

Registered
The Kruse catalog has 100 pages. The lot numbers go to over 5400 including the parts tractors of 1400. Probably can get a catalog by going to WWW.KRUSE.COMand ask for Dome ValleyMuseum Tractor Auction catalog.
John, yes you can order a catalogue on line ...I received mine via Air mail post a week or so back....may see some of you there?;)

Todd

Lippy

Agitator
Holy buckets that is one big auction bill. I think that would be a great weekend to be a LONG way away from my computer with the online bidding and all.

Polarman- So, you’re having a little difficulty with the neighbors eh? Since you sound like a nice guy, I’d be happy in helping to spice it up a little for them! We had some issues with two of our neighbors, but after a friendly neighborhood war both decided to move. Now it’s a real nice place. The sun is shining, birds chirping…

Lippy:wave:

P

Polaraman

Lippy,

I do not think my neighbors are going anywhere. They have all been on this street for 30-40 years. I am an invader to the neighborhood to them. My house was only the second to sell on the street in almost 30 years. My 1963 Dodge is the source of their frustration. It is unrestored and needs it badly. Still runs and drives excellent. Some of then think it should be on the scrap pile. I would stick it in the garage but I have another project in there. (only have a one car garage) They will have to deal with it for now. :eek: A steam engine would push them over the edge. :brows:

I may pop up at one of the shows this year. The Eder show is not that far away from me. I will have to catch that one this year. We would attend Williams Grove in Pennsylvania every year. I have not attended that show in a few years. At home in Pennsylvania, the Gettysburg Railroad Steam train ran by our house. I was treated to a smoke belching pass a couple times a day all summer. The steam train had a firebox explosion in 1995. Here is the NTSB report on the explosion. http://www.ntsb.gov/Publictn/1996/SIR9605.pdf My folks live in Gardners not far from the accident site. The engine was bought by Stroudsburg Railroad and put on display. The Gettysburg RR is now running a diesel engine. So much for hearing the Steam whistle announcing the road crossing over the hill. schniff!

Back to lurking!

polaraman

AKA: SFC Mensinger

Casemaker

Registered
I looked at the auction catalog...its big...but most of the stuff just did not interest me...only gas tractors I was interested in was Massey 55 for gearing to build model steam engines. After several minutes of looking thru the catalog I did find a Case model steam engine about 1/2 scale (looked be be home made), would be interested to see what it brings. I did not see a picture of the A-T steam engine in the catalog, but with so much stuff it could have been easliy overlooked. The only steam engines that I saw was the Avery, Sawyer Massey (both on front cover), Case 75, and Case scale model (both buried in the middle of the catalog). I hope someone attends the sale and reports what the steamers bought.

Sawyer-Massey 11-22

Registered
Casemaker: Just received the latest issue of Antique Power, and there are two photos of the A-T engine in their add. I have seen another somewhere else, but can't seem to locate it now.

Polaraman, sorry I missed an "A" in my first post, slip of the mind or the fingers, not sure which.

Robert

P

Polaraman

Sawyer-Massey,

Ok with me, did not actually notice.

When the family came here from Germany in 1751 the county clerk misspelled our last name in the court record. There is actually a note in the margin admitting the error. It was Mentzinger instead of Mensinger. A professional geneologist hired by a relative found the document. That really opened up the can of worms. My cousin had to hire this lady because only certain folks are allowed to look at the records. A 1751 book could be pretty fragile. Many hands on it could ruin it for everybody. We have been stuck with it ever since. I was stationed in Germany 90 miles from where the family came from. (Eppingen) I did not know it at the time. Another great reason to go visit after I retire next year.

Now, If the family could reclaim the 10,000 acres of Schuylkill County land we were granted. I could really run an engine.

polaraman

P

Polaraman

Sounds like there will be folks from all over the globe at this auction. Hope we get a good report from the Stackers in attendance. Good luck to whom ever decides to bid!!!

polaraman

LAKnox

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/15/2016
For those who want to know, I spoke with Kruse today and, according to them, the museum is remaining open Monday through Saturday from 10 to 5 and you can ask them for inspection privileges. It will remain open until the auction. We're talking about driving down from Phoenix on a Saturday to check it out.

Lyle

Casemaker

Registered
For those who want to know, I spoke with Kruse today and, according to them, the museum is remaining open Monday through Saturday from 10 to 5 and you can ask them for inspection privileges. It will remain open until the auction. We're talking about driving down from Phoenix on a Saturday to check it out.

Lyle
Sounds like a good plan as long as you dont get snowed in down there. :)

Casemaker

Registered
did anyone go check out the steamers ? I need to find a way to bid on the scale model but not have the wife find out.... until it arrives at home....its easier to beg forgiveness than seek permission....

Mike McKnight

Registered
did anyone go check out the steamers ? I need to find a way to bid on the scale model but not have the wife find out.... until it arrives at home....its easier to beg forgiveness than seek permission....
Casemaker, good luck with that! When you find out the magic way to do that, please let me know.....of course, 1/2 scale is WAY easier to sneak home than 12"=1'-0" size.....;)

I could just hear my cell phone ringing...."Mike, the neighbors say we've got a semi-truck parked in the front yard again! Why in the world does that happen every time I go shopping at the shoe store???????" :D

Seriously, I wish everyone good luck bidding on the Arizona treasures, and if nothing else, hope everyone has a wonderful time! Please keep all us back home posted as to what it all brings. (hrphm! Wish I was on the way! :p )

Mike

Casemaker

Registered
Mike,
maybe we can make a deal with our spouses.....tell them that they need some home time alone....without the kids....lets get the diaper bags packed...I will load up my 7 .... the oldest boy can help drive.... the next two boys can navigate... my two oldest girls can take care of their younger twin sisters and help you with your boy... now how far is Yuma ? :bonk:

Mike McKnight

Registered
Mike,
maybe we can make a deal with our spouses.....tell them that they need some home time alone....without the kids....lets get the diaper bags packed...I will load up my 7 .... the oldest boy can help drive.... the next two boys can navigate... my two oldest girls can take care of their younger twin sisters and help you with your boy... now how far is Yuma ? :bonk:
If you've got 7 kids:eek: .....it's a LONGGGGGGG ways to Yuma!:D

Mike

Eric M.

Registered
Mike,
This is a perfect opportunity to get back at your kids for all the years of "ARE WE THERE YET???":crazy: