• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Le Sueur Swap Meet

Turbo

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/06/2020
Just looking out the window in central mn. 10 inches of snow and a whiteout!:mad: With the swap meet only 10 days away and the forecast looking cold, I don't see this snow all melting and possibly more snow next week. Is there a postponement date? My trailer is snowed in a back shed and I am wondering if it is worth all the effort to get it out. The winter that won't end!!:bonk:

Justin Woodard

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/10/2020
Not looking good for le Sueur weather wise. Has this meet ever been postponed? I have walked in rain and snow and cold and hotter than a pistol. Just antsi I guess.

JohnMN

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Re: Le Sueur swap meet

There's still two weeks to go. It could be 80 degrees and sunny by then. Fingers crossed. :)

bobeg

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/10/2019

I have been going for about 25 years,as far as I know it's never been postponed.Rain, Snow & Dark of night Le Sueur goes on.

Mitch Malcolm

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
01/14/2020

Why its not 2-3 weeks later I have never figured out ! because it sure could be.. It used to be because of Waukee but that's certainly not a factor anymore :bonk:

Mitch Malcolm

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
01/14/2020
Re: Lesuer swap meet

I hear you the door I load out of is frozen solid 10-12 inches of Ice and a snow bank 3 ft high ..

beechcraft1

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/13/2020
Re: Lesuer Swap Meet

That whiteout is just the Winnipeg Jets winning over the Wild. LOL
John

oldironlindy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2016
Re: Lesuer swap meet

We only have a couple inches here but it is blowing and not nice out. a lot can change in a couple weekends so we are praying for the best. I could sure use a good swap! I don't think they have ever postponed it and we have had snow in the past.

strawboss

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/03/2009
As an involved director of Pioneer Power, i can assure you the swap meet will go on as scheduled. I certainly appreciate all comments and suggestions. Our parking lot will open Thursday April 19th to allow vendors that desire to come early to line up to get into the grounds on the following Thursday. Its going to be a very challenging year and we appreciate everyones patience and understanding. We would have no swap meet without our vendors and swappers, but it still comes down to a small group of us trying to put this all together and making it work.

Dempster Finder

Registered
I remember a few years back it snowed several inches early in the week of the swap meet and it all melted and the swap meet had nice weather and went well as planned.

JWithers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
I also remember that. Was my first time there. I remember walking around in the morning of the first day and it being a chilly, muddy, sloppy mess and when I got back to my uncle's spot I was hot and thirsty and a bit of sunburn and my boots were puffing dust as I walked.

strawboss

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/03/2009
Director Doug Hager here again. We are facing some tough realities right now.
We are sitting in the worse shape in our 40+ years of the swap meet. Too much snow, water underneath and more predicted for Wednesday. Even with next weeks predicted sun and warmth, 30% of our vendor spaces may not be usable.

So, tell us your thoughts. Are vendors going to be willing to vend in the parking lot?
Is postponing an option? That's not something we want to do.
We really need to hear from the vendors if possible. We are at a crossroad on making some decisions. LeSueur County Pioneer Power has been fortunate to have a group of dedicated vendors over the years and we certainly want to keep them happy, but this year its going to be difficult.
Thank you.

willynelson

Registered
Do everyone a favor and postpone, i cant even get my trailer loaded, everything is iced in. How many buyers will show up to wade around in mud. No way in hell you are going to pull this off.

GW Eddy

Registered
We really don't want to see it postponed as we already have our vacation days set aside for it. Vending in the parking lot would help. We have a reserved spot hopefully it is usable. Its a great event that we look forward to every year. I have only missed it a couple times. I think the people will still show up. The bad part of rescheduling is there are several other meets in the next several weekends Baraboo, Portland etc

Turbo

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/06/2020
Postponing will only help the retired folks or people with flexable jobs. Most of us with 8-5 jobs already have this weekend off with little hope to reschedule this late. Also quite a few of the people buying and selling are farmers for a living and if postponed into May they will be unable to go due to the late spring and rush to get corn in the ground. I vote to keep the same date. I already have planned to not bring my big trailer, (maybe just a pickup load). Also look at how much snow has melted already with temps only in the 30's. The snow midweek looks to stay mostly south and temps next week look to be in the 60's so although its not ideal it might still work out. Then again when has the weather ever been ideal for Lesuer?:O