• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Le Sueur Swap Meet

Bob in Mi.

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/04/2020
Being someone that is somewhat new to your show (last 2 years) as a vendor, we would be coming from Michigan, across the UP, Wisconsin, and to LeSueur. We do Baraboo the following week. Pulling a 5th wheel toy hauler loaded with pre 39 tractor fenders and hoods, a heavy heavy load.

Pulling into a mud hole would not be an option for us. You rent golf carts there, guessing no one will rent them if it is all mud. My understanding 4 wheeler, side by sides, and gators are not allowed, how you going to move heavy iron? I heard that, tractors of course, how you going to get the vendors out at the end of the show? You know what the drives will be after 3 days of tractors driving on them in the mud.

Thinking the staging area will not be much better. It will not be an easy decision to make and most will be unhappy. Please remember that many of your vendors and buyers come from 2 and more states away.

Like to see it postponed, it is a very nice show. Week before Portland, ????

oldironlindy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2016
The sun melted a lot of snow today up here. What is it looking like at the show grounds? I think keeping everyone out of there until Thursday the 26th would be very wise. That will give the ground as much time as possible to dry out.

Gasenginegangster

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/03/2019
Jim

We have lost more than half of our snow in MPLS sense the snow storm. I think we should put our boots on and make the best of it like every other year. This year will be worst then lots of other years. My vote is to make the best of it. The weather looks pretty good after Wed. Hope all works out. Every one works very hard to make this happen. The club and all the vendors. Come On Good Weather!!

Dave Preuhs

Registered
The official word is that the swap meet will go on as planned, the only change is that the parking lot gates will NOT open till Tues. April 24 to give the snow a chance to melt away. We expect the vendors to be appreciative of keeping the swap meet going and be prepared to be pulled if need be. Hopefully everything will go good, but there will be problems. Have a good time at the meet!!

strawboss

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/03/2009
Director Doug Hager again. Yes we are going on as planned. Thanks to all the smokstak community that responded to my earlier posts. Your comments were taken into consideration at our meeting tonite. We will do our best to make it a successful meet for you all and know you will do you best to be patient and helpful, you always have. Thanks again to you all.

HappyIron

Registered
Last Subscription Date
06/06/2014
So how much snow did the grounds get yesterday? I know we got hammered hard again in southern MN but not too far north of us they didn't get much. Weather looks warm for the next week hope it turns around fast and looking forward to some fun next week!

strawboss

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/03/2009
Hello everyone. Yes the weather forecast is very favorable. We are working on moving snow, getting gravel and chipping ice. We have posted that our parking lot is going to remain closed till Tuesday morning. We are trying to let things dry as best they can with the upcoming warm weather. Right now we have a complete mess. This was posted by Dave Preuhs on Monday nite and on other social media including our PP website, however two vendors showed up this morning and we had to send them away. This is a very difficult situation that is going to get better next week. Thank you for your help and understanding.

oldironlindy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2016
What is the reason for showing up a week early when we have assigned spots? We will be rolling in next Thursday, see you all then!

IHLB

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/23/2016
Please remember to be patient, this is not what any of our members anticipated, as a Le sueur MN native and resident, things are extremely rough up here, constant snow and cold weather, although it is finally nice today they need time to prepare the grounds, they only have 7 days to do what usually takes a month to do when conditions are good. they are out on the show grounds working full time. Can’t wait to get the fun started and if you get a chance please thank these members for their hard work.

Jim Walker

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/25/2019
Weather is improving every day. Sunny and warm through next week. Look forward to seeing everyone at the meet. If you come with a positive outlook you won't regret attending. Jim

Dave Preuhs

Registered
So how much snow did the grounds get yesterday? I know we got hammered hard again in southern MN but not too far north of us they didn't get much. Weather looks warm for the next week hope it turns around fast and looking forward to some fun next week!
None to speak of, just a few flakes flew.

Last edited:

Jason Dahm

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Weather is improving every day. Sunny and warm through next week. Look forward to seeing everyone at the meet. If you come with a positive outlook you won't regret attending. Jim
Jim,
An attitude to carry with you through life in general! See you next week! Jason

Mitch Malcolm

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
01/14/2020
I talked to one of the members last night and he feels that the grounds should OK muddy in spots but if everyone stays away till Thursday it will help immensely . The longer it dries the better . The forecast looks fantastic and everything points to a great swap meet.:)

Keven Withers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/14/2020
I and my nephew Jeremy will be there Thursday afternoon. I agree no need to get there early let things dry out a bit better. Looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying another great swap meet.