• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Le Sueur Swap Meet

Tony Glaser

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/23/2019
Any updates on the condition of the show grounds? It's been in the 60's here in northern Minnesota and I would assume the grounds should be getting dryer. Again thanks to all that are working hard to make this happen!

Dave Preuhs

Registered
Any updates on the condition of the show grounds? It's been in the 60's here in northern Minnesota and I would assume the grounds should be getting dryer. Again thanks to all that are working hard to make this happen!
The crew has been working since last Wed. to clear snow and drag everything. With this nice warm weather the grounds should dry out fairly good, but there will be areas that won't support driving on, overall it has shaped up better than what I had thought.

strawboss

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/03/2009
I agree with Dave 100%, the grounds are coming around. I am going to comment a bit on gate opening on Thursday. We may take the vendors into the grounds in smaller groups. That way vendors have a chance to get in with out being pushed and possibly not tear up other vendor spots. It will all get done and we will be ready for a big day on Friday!!!!
Remember the gate to the parking lot will open at 8am on Tuesday April 24th. We are at this time hoping the amount of vendors coming in Tues and Wed will be small, knowing they can come Thursday and have their spot. Its our wishes to eliminate the, "being stuck in the parking lot" thing.
Another snafu is our campground to the north. Still lots of snow piled up. The trees are sheltering the grounds and the snow is not leaving despite us trying to push it around and get rid of it. It may be that some of the campground will not be usable, but most of it will. Its gonna be a thing where what fits in, fits, after that, there is a campground near that can be utilized, the registration building will have that information.
Again, thanks to all our vendors for being patient. The forecast is great for the end of the week, through the weekend!

Jim Walker

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/25/2019
Today Monday PM the grounds are looking great. Drying of the roads is advancing rapidly. It should be in great shape for our guests. If you don’t come it’s your loss.

Dave Preuhs

Registered
Just got an update from the showgrounds, two lines of vendors in the parking lot and the conditions are good. The weather has been on our side with temps in the mid 60's and sun and the rest of the week and weekend sound the same. The grounds gate will be opened at 11:30 on Thursday morning. Thank you everyone and have a great weekend:wave:

oldironlindy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2016
So are there still open spots that are first come first serve? I still don't understand the reasoning behind getting there before Thursday when we all have reserved spots. Our trailer is loaded and we are really looking forward to an amazing swap! Thanks again to everyone who is working hard to make this happen!

Dave Preuhs

Registered
So are there still open spots that are first come first serve? I still don't understand the reasoning behind getting there before Thursday when we all have reserved spots. Our trailer is loaded and we are really looking forward to an amazing swap! Thanks again to everyone who is working hard to make this happen!
I understand there are a few open spots yet that have not been mapped out yet. The grounds crew is working on the tractor pull track this afternoon and are hoping to have it dried out by Thurs. afternoon for parking vendors.

Tony Thompson

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/18/2019
Lindy,
The far south section had not been marked out yet last year and was still first come, first serve. The rest of us with reserve spots can roll in at a slower pace and not clog up the parking lot so badly.
Tony

Frigstad

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/13/2019
It's Wednesday noon and I'm sitting in the parking lot in row two with 4 + rows filled. Lots of room, the grounds are super dry and in the best shape in years. Hats off the the Pioneer Power grounds crew for a job well done. Come on down the weather looks great and the swappin' is fine. I'll be one road south of the fastenal tent. stop by and say hi!

Squatch253

Registered
We got parked out in the (very solid) parking lot today about 1:30pm and had the camper in place and set up in the camping area by 2:30 and everything is great. Still lots of room in the camping area and my boots are full of dust from walking the grounds, I'll say too that the conditions haven't been this good in years. If you guys see any club members or workers give them a big Thank You for their great work on the grounds!

Nick Severson

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/24/2019
With a little luck they'll be able to keep up with watering down the roads to keep the dust in check .........
Just made it home, never been there before and it was amazing!! Huge!! Weather was perfect, but windy. The only thing keeping this show from being perfect is the hundreds of golf carts driving up and down the aisles blowing dust everywhere when you're trying to look at everything. I had to stop and thank the guy that came out to water down the road at 11. Really glad they ended up sticking to the original date, well done to everyone involved!!!

Dempster Finder

Registered
Day one a success! Good vendor and customer turnout. The club did a great job! Looks to me they might need another 40 acres to add more vendor and parking space! The BBQ sandwich at the club food building is wonderful too!

Gasenginegangster

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/03/2019
Thanks to all the club members for a great job as always!! Nice to see Mr. Jim Walker. Thanks for another great Swap Meet!!:salute:

Al Bauman