• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

LeRoi Orchard Sprayer circa. 1920's

Brian B.

Registered
Hello all, I bought this orchard sprayer a few months ago at an estate sale a few towns over from me and it had sat under a barn for a number of years. My plans come spring are to restore it. The engine is free and the wheels are as well (it's actually in fairly good shape!). I do not have a model number for it (the plate is behind a component of the engine and haven't been able to get to it quite yet). I wondered if anyone may have some information on this unit or may be able tell me anything about it? I know that I will most likely need to replace the barrel. The pump was made by the the Friend Pump Co. It is also a horse drawn unit not self propelled. I know that I am looking for a radiator cap. I hope that someone can help me out!

Attachments

Junkologist

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2019
All I can tell you is that if the engine is original, it was likely built in the late 1930s. The engine isn't old enough to be from the 1920s. Looks like a nice project.

Steve Kreiner

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/08/2020
I have an old barrel that come off a Pontiac spray unit that's in descent shape if you are interested.

Brian B.

Registered
I have an old barrel that come off a Pontiac spray unit that's in descent shape if you are interested.
Could you send me some pictures of the barrel?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

I found out that the Sprayer was made by the Friend Manufacturing Company in Gasport, NY

Steve Kreiner

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/08/2020
Brian send me a private message so I will remember. It is snowed in right now and I just had surgery on my arm still healing Thanks

HBurk

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/04/2019
If you don't mind please post those pictures on here. I'd like to see them too. THANKS!

HBurk

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/04/2019
I posted 4 pictures of the Kissel engine. :shrug: :shrug: Don't know what you mean. :confused:

HBurk

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/04/2019
Steve,
Will you please tell us what you meant by post #8? :shrug: :confused: THANKS!