• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Leroi Q185D Compressor Rebuild

Stephenw

Registered
First post here.

Long story short.
I wanted to rent oilfield equipment. Went out and bought a 1988 Leroi Q185D Towable Air Compressor online that was "ready to work"
Engine was leaking coolant through liners, two bad injectors, two rings broken, and every piston was scored. I set it aside to tinker with in my garage and bought newer equipment and took it as a loss. Over about a year and half I eventually got the engine done and runs like a top.

I do not have a parts manual and need some parts for the unloader valve now. Is there anyone here that can help me with this? I can not find the right manual on ebay even.

Attached is some pictures of the engine rebuild. Waukasha VRD220 now owned by Arrow.

Attachments

IronworkerFXR

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/06/2020
Humm ready to work..... hope their tongue and fingers fall off ....

anyway nice work , I wonder if you look at a sullair or IR 185 , at that end "the compressor" not too much different as for unloaders and governor controls , PM me and I can get a pic of my Sullair 185 unloader