• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Let’s see those meters.

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
How does that tachometer work? Is it a frequency meter, calibrated for a six pole generator?
It should have a tachometer generator but I cheat It is powered by a wall wart with a resistor in series plugged into the generator. The generator does run at 1200 RPM at 60 hz

Last edited:

diggin4s

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
Another "inline" lightbulb wattmeterfrom GE, has a protective carry hood, I'm guessing, but it looks as though a power provider would have someone "check wattage" on your lightbulbs, can only imagine number of broken bases or lamp filament failures from interference..GE inline lamp watts cw case.jpgGE inline scale closeup.jpgGE inline with carry case on.jpg

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
Just found this thread. I have been collecting meters for about 20 years. Will post a few here to start these are mostly newer ones from the 30's many from decommissioned hydro dams I will also post some rarer ones as I get more time to photograph them.
thanks for the Pix

NDmeterman

Registered
My latest acquisition... only took me 22 years from the last time I saw one of these.

Westinghouse D5S with attached LMT-2 two-way transceiver for remote reading. VERY early 'smart' meter (S/N suggests it was made in the first quarter of 1986)... but the transceiver is bigger than the rest of the meter! I took it apart for a cleaning and inspection and found it 100% complete but for two parts, and I happened to have the correct ones on hand. My ONLY quibble is the S/N of the meter itself - part of the group with bad disk assemblies (and a quick examination confirms the lower spindle bearing is possibly bad... dangit).

LMT2.jpg