• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Let’s see those meters.

Larry Evans

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2019
These are not my meters or particularly special from a collecting standpoint compared to the ones I have seen on this thread but you still might find them interesting.

The first two images show the powerhouse at the Mount Wilson Observatory being rebuilt after a fire in 1910 and the rest of the images show the switchboard as it is today inside the powerhouse. The cluster of three meters in the upper left of the switchboard have been in continuous use since then and are still being used. For those that don't know there is both a DC and an AC power system at the observatory and this is the DC switchboard.

Larry1910Rebuild.jpg1910RebuildDetail.jpgMVC-201F.JPGMVC-202F.JPGMVC-541F.JPGMVC-558F.JPG

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
These are not my meters or particularly special from a collecting standpoint compared to the ones I have seen on this thread but you still might find them interesting.

The first two images show the powerhouse at the Mount Wilson Observatory being rebuilt after a fire in 1910 and the rest of the images show the switchboard as it is today inside the powerhouse. The cluster of three meters in the upper left of the switchboard have been in continuous use since then and are still being used. For those that don't know there is both a DC and an AC power system at the observatory and this is the DC switchboard.

LarryView attachment 395755View attachment 395756View attachment 395757View attachment 395758View attachment 395759View attachment 395760
Thanks for posting this.