• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Let’s See Your Parts Stash! Father’s Day Edition

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
looks like the guys around here are a lot like me, its stashed away and either too hard to dig out or they are very secert about their stash.:brows:

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/22/2020
Again, I’m not the County or any other agent. Certainly not representing a divorce lawyer...
Pictures of Stacks of cool old parts INDOOR on shelves would be just fine. No way to tell location...
Hilarious that folks here think they are taking all this stuff with them...just look at an estate sale ad. Did that guy?
You can always edit the photo anyway you wish.
My “piles” are mostly NOT highly desireable parts. One guy already asked me about having 1930s Ford parts (Gold). Yeah, right!
That stuff was gone before I was born. I’m stuck with IHC, Dodge, etc. The old Diamond T, Mack and GMC stuff was very hard fought for and I was lucky to get it. Took money and me beating the bushes almost constantly.

4BadHotrodBrent

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/25/2019
Well, I’m a little late, but better late than never. My automobile parts stash has been mostly sold or traded off over the last few years. I’m shifting back to what I originally started off with,which was garden tractors. However, I do have one piece of vintage tin left. My stash is small like my one bay garage. The rest of the sheet metal is hidden in the back shed.:D

Attachments

4BadHotrodBrent

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/25/2019
Why thank you! The engine you see is a 1928 Chevy. My friend had it in one of his barns and let me adopt it. It is a complete engine and in very good shape. I’m planning on doing a complete tear down to clean it up and make a mobile stand so it can be taken to shows. If you weren’t so far away you would be welcome every day. Not many around here that are into this stuff.

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/22/2020
I have the same folks here. Not much interest. Yes, I’d be there.
1928 Chevy! Cool!

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/22/2020
More stash...steering column storage and a antique weaver tire machine. And an early Coats tire machine, too.

Attachments

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/22/2020
Amongst the “wreckage” I found 1920s Dodge truck wheels, 1940 Ford stuff, 1940s Chevy Pickup stuff. A 1933 Dodge Pickup...

Scotty 2

Registered
looks like the guys around here are a lot like me, its stashed away and either too hard to dig out or they are very secert about their stash.:brows:
Or people could not be bothered to contend with the PM's and people trying to contact them regarding the stuff seen in the pictures.
I know we're very quiet on showing stuff we have in the shed. If someone asks about a particular part needed I'll probably assist if we have it, but our shed isn't a public wrecking yard. It's parts and stuff we've put away for a reason.
On the same note: There are only 2 people who have ever seen the full extent of our collections. That's Mrs Scotty and me. Why? It's our business and no-one elses.

Cheers Scott.

jayvee

Registered
"we're very quiet on showing stuff we have in the shed. our shed isn't a public wrecking yard. It's parts and stuff we've put away for a reason."

I don't trust myself in my own shed, so why would I trust anyone else?

jayvee