• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Lincoln LincWeld 225 / 3-AS with Onan CCKA - S

Black Patch

Registered
Hi all,

Well I bought a Lincoln LincWeld 225 / 3-AS with Onan CCKA - S (built in Canada) welding machine for 50 Bucks and am in the process of getting it back up and running.
Now I know some guys don't like these machines but I do so I will keep this thread open with build pic's to show the process, and eventually the finished article, if anyone is interested.

Below are pic's as it stands now, with a little bit of wire mapping done and penetrating oil applied to bolts for easy disassembly.

This particular machine had lived its whole life on a large ranch in Alberta and then was traded in for a newer model. I found it at the local weld equipment repair shop and I am planning to restore this to working condition where it will become my welding machine for projects at work out of the shop environment.

It came minus the following:
Mufflers (OEM manufacture or fab own?)
Spark Plugs (Have the manual so I know parts for these)

Other than that it looks to be pretty much all there.

Now from you set of knowledgeable chaps I ask a few questions:

1: The mounting for the Carb on the Onan CCKA-S, where is it ? Top or side? Locations would be handy along with linkage settings and locations as the whole carb assembly was completely off the engine and hanging down.

2: Who sells Carb kits? Seats, Shakers, needles etc?

3: Who sells Head gaskets, sump gaskets, oil seals, bearings ?

4: Brushes for the commutator action? New or reconditioned? do brush holders tend to stick in place?

I have the service manual, wiring manual and lincolns Op manual. Does any one have a Technical Service Manual for the LincWeld itself?

Thanks for the help on this guys and here are the current pics of the system.

Attachments

Ironsides

Registered
BP, I used one of those when working welders on dozers in the bush damn good welder and could carry the load.Engine really got loud but could handle just about anything I wanted her to do.Above 100 amps she will time out on you but doesn't take too long to cool off and reset,worth getting working,Norm

Doug Taylor

Registered
hi, I have one of those lincoln onan 225 dc welders, it needs some work too, but I used to use it for tractor backhoe repairs. works well for hyd. repairs too. not sure about the model, but it looks like yours, I will check on the model, I could send you some pictures of linkage, when it stops raining. I have been wanting to get to work on it soon.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

your welder uses two 12 volt batterys to start though the welder generator.

Black Patch

Registered
hi, I have one of those lincoln onan 225 dc welders, it needs some work too, but I used to use it for tractor backhoe repairs. works well for hyd. repairs too. not sure about the model, but it looks like yours, I will check on the model, I could send you some pictures of linkage, when it stops raining. I have been wanting to get to work on it soon.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

your welder uses two 12 volt batterys to start though the welder generator.
Doug

That would be great.
Thank you very much for the help Sir.

Regards.

Pete

K

Kpack

Going to be a nice welder if you can't find some of the parts there's a fellow over here about 20 miles from Bryan tx works on welders and got a lot of old ones for parts he's pretty cranky but really good:cool: he would not ship anything if theres something you just can't find any where I could call him for you