• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Lincoln Ranger 8 Not charging battery

Sambo

Registered
I have an old Lincoln Ranger 8 welder with a Onan P216G -I/11421G Performer 16 engine that doesn't charge the battery. I replaced the voltage regulator. With the engine running at high idle I get 9 VAC on the 2 outside wires and 12,2 DCV on the middle terminal. I think I should have 40-50 VAC and 13+ DCV. Would this be a bad flywheel alternator stator? If so would it be a 35 AMP or 20 AMP stator? Is there anything else I should test to pinpoint the charging problem? I am sorry I don't have a serial number. The Data decals are all faded out. The serial # is supposed to be stamped on the engine case but I don't know at what location. The welder is a Model K1418-1 Code 10373 according to Lincoln. Thanks for any help. Sam