• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Lincoln Weldanpower with 16hp Briggs

~Wittes-End~

Registered
Hi guys,

I have a Lincoln weldanpower 225/210 ac/dc with a 16 hp briggs. I havent started it in a few years. I got it going today but it will only run with the choke half closed and then runs rough. I got it running fairly well wide open but when I put a load on it it starts running rough again then dies. It doesnt seem to be making enough power to weld with it just wants to die when I strike an arc. Would flashing the DC field help? How do you do that?

Ed Sparks

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
06/28/2015
Re: Lincoln Weldanpower with 16hp briggs

Odds are your carb is gunked up with old gas residue. It turns to a vanish like substance and clogs the jets. Should be able to get a gasket kits for it and give it a good soak cleaning.

K

Kpack

I agree with Ed it would cost you about 10 dollars if you try seafoam but you wil probably have to clean carb.:wave: I forgot to add pay close attention to how your float is suppose to be set by service manual I wasn't watching close enough the other day on a carb makes a big differance

Last edited:

moteurdelco

Registered

check also for sédiments(DIRT) restraining gasoline(fuel)delivery at tap ,valve,of tank.
fuel sipping just enough to run with choke.

~Wittes-End~

Registered

Is there anywhere to get a carb rebuild kit? There's a screw missing out of the bottom of the carb also. I covered the hole and it doesn't effect how it runs. I'd like to get a kit and rebuild it.

wasillashack

Registered

Google rebuilding a "Briggs & Stratton carburetor" many Youtube videos, a caution, the main jet is about 1-1/2" long and must be removed BEFORE carb disassembly. This will be covered in the video. Your engine is a model 326437. Good luck!

Ed Stoller

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/11/2019

Many times guys try to remove the fuel nozzle with a regular screw driver and bugger up the threads so bad they can get the nozzle out. Use a screw bit from a screw gun that will not damage the threads.

Seafarer12

Registered
I vote for a gunked up carb. If you aren't in a rush just get a pail of the carb cleaner from the parts store and soak everything for a day or two then blow it all out good with air. If you have any brass parts giving you trouble just leave them alone.