• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Lincoln weldanpower with B&S 16hp

liston336

Registered
Hello,
I have a Lincoln weldanpower 225 G7 with a B&S I/C Twin II 16 in my shop for repairs. It came in, would not crank ( dead battery ) . Charged battery and noticed it was not geeting fuel. Rebulit pump with kit from B&S. I can get it to idle and run on high idle,but when I load bank it will shut down. the auto idle seems to be working. I can get it close but I have to back the idle mixture screw all the way out. What am I missing?

K D Redd

In Memory Of
Does this engine have a fixed high speed jet. If so, I have found, with the Briggs Flat-Twins that are in mowers, when the engine has some age on it they need a little richer high speed mixture. Have you tried running it with the choke about half closed? When they run like this I drill out the main jet about three sizes. I check the jets current size with my NUMBERED drill bit. I then drill the jet two sizes bigger and check how the engine runs. I normally have to go one size larger than this for a total of three sizes larger. The 10% ethanol in the gasoline does not help the lean mixture situation either.

Kent

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017
Check the intake manifold gaskets, carb mount, and the throttle shaft as well. A worn throttle shaft will cause transition problems. Have a look at the intake valve guides, if worn the engine will suck air from the block, leaning out the mixture, especially at higher speeds. Check valve clearances!
Andrew:D