• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Linn Tractor my second one

after 20 years of outdoor storage I was going to put my second linn tractor inside a van trailer for indoor storage. then I decided i'll just get it up and running so i'll have 2 linn tractors making money. today I oiled up the tracks and got things ready to go in the shop when the snows come. thansk

Attachments

DustyBar

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/14/2020
You are back! Welcome back. Missed your posts for quite some time.

I will just toss another 350 chevy small block in ths one to get it up and running. just enough to pull but not enough power to break anything.

thansk

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017
Original engine NFG or is it rstorable? Do you have to make a custom mount for the GM engine, or is it a bolt in? Thanks for sharing!

Original engine NFG or is it rstorable? Do you have to make a custom mount for the GM engine, or is it a bolt in? Thanks for sharing!
the cummins engines were taken out of my 2 linn tractors and used to power the little narrow gauge train on surface here at the mine. 20 years ago I tossed the small black chevy in to get 1 up and going and did a lot of work but never finished the second linn. the motor mounts are easy it is the drive shaft plate to the linn tractor trans has to be made in the south at a good machine shop. then a normal drive shaft can join the chevy trans to the linn trans.

thansk

spent the day digging through the parts trailer to find the motor and trans to be used in my second linn tractor. the motor came from a 1985 K10 4x4 chevy truck which had this rebuilt motor popped in july 12 1994 in new jersey(which is a long way away from northern Canada). i got the truck after it was in a front end accident in 2004. I kept the motor for a rainy day project and made a trailer out of the box of the truck. the transmission I think is out of a 74 chevy 3/4 ton if any one can suggest what it might be. thansk

Attachments

Sonny Reese

Registered
Army truck in background???? ---- thats what I need! ---wish I could find a Linn!! Nobody around here ever heard of them!
Ole gm engines were good in their time. I had a 94 350 that I drove hard for many years in a 1-ton truck. Cant beat them for being reliable.

Army truck in background???? ---- thats what I need! ---wish I could find a Linn!! Nobody around here ever heard of them!
Ole gm engines were good in their time. I had a 94 350 that I drove hard for many years in a 1-ton truck. Cant beat them for being reliable.
yes my Green Toy I got in may 2019 which is a 1976 AM General M816 wrecker, very handy to have.

thansk

Russ Hamm

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/12/2024
You can buy those 6x6 military trucks here in Kansas, parts also and in Missouri. Lots of them get turned into feedlot duty.

halcon

Registered
I will just toss another 350 chevy small block in ths one to get it up and running. just enough to pull but not enough power to break anything.

thansk
Would not a turbo hydromatic be a benefit in that Linn? Must be a little tough to shift at those lower speeds.

Would not a turbo hydromatic be a benefit in that Linn? Must be a little tough to shift at those lower speeds.
when I did the first linn tractor in 1999 I had the auto trans which lasted a couple of years then I smoked it. I have more 4 speed trans then auto so it will be 4 speed.

thansk