• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Linn tractor wrenches

Rene Elliott

Registered
While they pretty much used standard tools from automotive suppliers, which included local makes such as Utica electrician pliers or Maydole ball pien hammers from Norwich, NY, Linn did issue special wrenches c. 1930, one is a hollow cast, often abused as a hammer, "diff. oil wrench" on reverse with "LINN" and part # 2008 on the other, for use on model 2000 differentials and later in revised 28 models and later tractors, with 5/8 inch square head for the recessed pipe plugs in the differential and duble reduction units for changing the oil. The other is # 2037, for adjusting the single 2-1/8 inch nut on the triple track springs, instead of just a big pipewrench, because you could insert any length of pipe you desired, the one with "LINN" on it is easily identified, the other has only the part number, but there should be a few floating around "unidentified" so now you'll know what they go to.

Attachments

loggah

Registered
Rene, I do have one of the Linn wrenches the one with the writing on it, i dont think Lombard ever made a special wrench for anything. Don

Rene Elliott

Registered
Forgot to include this other Linn track spring adjustment wrench, a A-40, only for C-series "Catruk" tractors (only my C-6 and John Belfield's C-5 in Melbourne, Australia the known survivors). I found this after the 2006 flood upset a 25' Edwards storage trailer on my grandparent's place that I had to clean out and reset with my big (ex-Linn Co. 15 ton Barrett # 4 RR jack). It was the last place I expected to find one but very grateful for my Grandfather's foresight in stashing this one away, teh only one I have ever seen.

Attachments