• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Loctite

typak

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/30/2019
Yes well I once had occasion to repair a mans dentures with Araldite.
Well Winchester, to my understanding that procedure can sometimes have the added side affect of causing lockjaw, as we know not a bad thing in some cases?

Scotty 2

Registered
And then you have the opposite of locking type Locktites. Never-seize. I love the stuff. It doesn't leak unless I put a hole in the pot.

Cheers Scott

uglyblue66

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/07/2018
Just open a bottle of Neverseize...
Just think,that poor guy died because he was poisoned by that paint for the movie!
I use the copper antisieze,it makes just as much mess!
I use the Loctite Bearing and Sleave retainer on Briggs and stratton valve guides in these over head valve engines when they decide to scoot and prevent the valve from opening. I remove them,dimple them with a sharp punch,coat them with the retainer chemical and drive them back in. 6 machines are still running today with that repair.

AussieIron

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
I have used Molybond anti seize lubricant. Messy too in the tube, sticks like sh!t to a blanket, and does the spray can version stink!

Scotty 2

Registered
So why is it that the stuff you want to remain stuck gets loose and the stuff you want to stay loose gets stuck tighter then a ducks bum?
I hate Murphy.

E27N

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/06/2020
Hello all
Does anyone remember the bottle of goop that Holden recommended to be used on head bolts on Holden engines? It was used to seal the bolts etc that screw into the water jackets. I have a bottle here (if I remember where it is. I got to clean up) I still like to use on head bolts that go into water jackets.

Cheers Scott

Mmmm yea, cleared the sinuses fairly well when you opened the tin :D