• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Looking for some info on a Paul Breisch Olds...

foreseason

Registered
I recently purchased a 1/2 Scale Paul Breisch Olds Engine at an auction. I'll first admit I know very little about these engines outside of the few hours of research I did before the auction. Howeber, I had a feeling this was a pretty nice one with some cool extras. Apparently the individual who built/owned used to take it to a lot of shows so maybe someone here knew him.

Included with the engine was a folder of plans, notes, and black and white photos I believe are from shows. An unexpected surprise was a hand written letter from Paul Breisch dated 1975. So I would guess it was built in 75/76. Also included was a battery box, some accessories, and a nice metal carrying case.

I was told that it runs, but who knows if that's true. I'd like to try and get it going but I'll need to educate myself some more before I can do that.

Anyways, id really appreciate any insights you all could give me. I'd also like to get some idea what it's valued/worth. I have some more questions but I'll hold off for now.

Thanks!

Link to photos:
https://imgur.com/a/2fNZh

---------- Post added at 12:13:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11:43 AM ----------

I have no idea how this ended up here. I was in the scale builders forum I thought ��