• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Lorenz engine piston help

Dan thompson

Registered
I am working on a 1915 Lorenz engine 3-4 KS (built in Czechoslovakia)that has very low compression. The piston has been replaced at some time and I think it needs a dome on center of piston. Looking for a picture of an original piston or anyone with information on this. Any information would be great.
Thanks Dan

Arnie Fero

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/23/2019
I am working on a 1915 Lorenz engine 3-4 KS (built in Czechoslovakia)that has very low compression. The piston has been replaced at some time and I think it needs a dome on center of piston. Looking for a picture of an original piston or anyone with information on this. Any information would be great.
Thanks Dan
Dan, Could I have the serial number of your Lorenz for the register? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 12:27:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25:43 PM ----------

Hello

This 3-4 hp Lorenz has a flat pisten:
And this 4-5 hp too:

Chris
Chris, Could I have the serial numbers of these two Lorenz engines for the register? Thanks.

jbo.aermotor

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2019
Dan,
I have a 3-4hp Lorenz,ser.#13351, It is a good running engine. I got it from Harry Terpstra about 10-12 years ago.

motorenbau

Registered
Hello

Dating of Lorenz engines is rather difficult. Most of the comanpy´s archives seems to have disappeared during or after WW2.
If you have a (German made) Bosch magneto on your engine you might try to date it by its serial number or manufacturing code (e.g. "12Y" or "II L"). I have a list that explains these codes.

Chris

Harry Terpstra

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Ed, Do you have a picture of your engine? I've had a number of Lorenz engines in the past. I'm sure Arnie Fero can help you with a lot of information.

Harry Terpstra

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Ed, I found that Lorenz build their 10.000 th engine in 1930. There are various differences between Lorenz engines. The earlier 4 hp engines were heavy (about 1400 lbs. Yours is a later style with the rounded top of the cooling tank. I think your engine is late twenties.