• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

M Type Petter Oil Problem

Hi to all i am currently restoring a early Mtype petter 5hp
with a cast oil container that drip feeds to the bottom end just doing a check over and it appears to blow oil back up the tube so is this engine supposed to have a non return valve of some sought any advice appreciated .
shane.:bonk:

Attachments

Mick

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Re: M type petter oil problem

Oil line dosent go in the front like that, thats the crankcase drain plug. Oil line goes into the hole in the top of reed valve plate on the back and.just drips in and oil gets sucked in with the air flow

Re: M type petter oil problem

thank you very much mick i will have alook soon that is where it was when i picked up the engine also any idea approx how many drips does it need per minute. thanks.

cobbadog

Registered
I run my engines at 10 drops / minute. At the moment we are not driving anything so they just tick over at low rpm. If that sounds excessive I don't mind or charge for 'weed control'.