Machine shop in western Pennsylvania?

J. Sutter

Apologies- I know the answer is probably in the forums somewhere, but I was not able to find it.

I'm looking for a recommendation for a machine shop in the Western PA area that could bore and sleeve a hit and miss. I already have the cast iron sleeve, the bore is 3.25 and the length of the cylinder is 8.5". Obviously I would be willing to travel a certain distance to get a reputable shop, but would preefer to stay within 200 miles from Pittsburgh.

B.C. Cushing

Subscriber
Re: Machine shop in western PA?

If you are willing to drive up to 200 miles, I'd suggest Emory Campbell in Roscoe, NY to do the job. He has bored several for me and had very good results and good turn around times.

John Schwiebert

You say you are in Ohio How about Harts Auto Parts over by Defiance Ohio They can do some odd ball stuff. I can get you there phone number.

Tom Fleming

Contact DLK in Russelton Pa. What machine work I can't do in my shop, I take to them. Professionals. while not cheap, they do have a soft spot for those repairing old iron..................give them a call, and they can ballpark you a quote. Google them, and then mapquest the drive distance.