• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Macksville Rally.

AUSDOK

Registered
Hi is there anybody going up via Woolongong that could possibly pick up a transporter and deliver it to Macksville on the Fathers day weekend. If you could pm me. Thanks Rudy

Last Subscription Date
10/02/2010
I already have a full load with the engine (or engines if I get really keen) that I am taking to the rally so I can't help. :(
Hopefully there will be a good roll up of Aussie Smokstak members. Perhaps we could make some badges with the Smokstak logo on it so we can recognise each other. :O

Ironsides

Registered
Patrick,if my memory serves me correctly part of the problem which occurred with TOMM was their reluctance to have their logo on anyone's badges.So far as I am aware that is not a problem here perhaps someone from Harry's organization can clarify this.Keep cranking,wish I was with you,Norm:bonk:

Oldsiron

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/17/2013
Norm, after reading Patrick's post last night, I emailed Harry about getting badges for Down Under users, I know he has them and they are sent out to Forum "subscribers".
Maybe he will see this and post answer here:D
Chris

Last Subscription Date
10/02/2010
Since the feature at Rusty Iron is Stover/Cooper I am intending on taking my big throttle-governed YC Stover. It has been to Macksville a few times but it is always nice to support the feature engine at a rally.
Here is the YC at Macksville in 2006:

Luke

Registered
I will be at Macksville as well this year, look forward to getting back there after missing the last two years. I am taking a Cooper/Stover to support the feature for the rally as well - my 3HP W Stover. Cannot make it in time to have my vertical YB ready unfortunately.

See you there, Luke

cobbadog

Registered
I am a member of the MNCMRC that holds the RIR and I will be there with a big smile on my face. I only have one engine so far (buzacott farm pumper) and my Hybrid Victa will be on show as well. It would be nice to make contact with other Smokstak members so if you see me, with my name tag on (John Garlick) please introduce yourself. We will be camping onsite at the showground this year and that will make it easier to get on the bus to go to the dinner at Nambucca on Saturday night. So a few refreshments will be enjoyed on the night. I hope to meet some of you up there. Take care.
Cobbadog. - John Garlick.

Last Subscription Date
10/02/2010
My big Stover is easy to spot as it is over 7 feet tall including the muffler!
I camped the first few years I went up there but this year I am staying in a Motel (I must be getting soft).
Last year I drove through some of the heaviest rain I have ever seen and the Stover ended up with about 3 litres of water in the fuel tank even though the engine was completely wrapped in a tarp. Once we arrived the weather was perfect all weekend :)

Mtype

Registered
hi all i'll be coming down this year again this year i'll have a little ronny n type and a corn grinder that i bought at macksville a few years ago. cam