• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Magneto Tester Identification Help

roosta

Registered
Just wanted to get some help on identification of this piece of equipment. From its appearance, it appears to be a Wico magneto tester, sparkplug tester, or possibly both. The markings on the two arms are "Wico 699" and "Wico 700"

Thanks in advance.

20200510_180434.jpg20200510_180445.jpg20200510_180450.jpg20200510_180504.jpg20200510_180514.jpg

cobbadog

Registered
What a beauty! I love the adjustable spark gap, a rotary gauge of various lengths to test the longest gap. It certainly would make a great display at a rally

roosta

Registered
Anyone seen one like this before, or know where I can find info on it? So far no luck for me.

cobbadog

Registered
Doesn't look good for a reply for you. It is either a very rare item or the right guy hasn't seen it yet. As a thought try contacting all of the magneto repairers listed in the "Sponsors" page/s and send them some pics. Since they deal in this sort of stuff all the time they might know.
Hope you find an answer soon.

Doug Tallman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/11/2019
I don't know a lot about it but it's a tool for checking Wico trip mags. The back looks to be for the oil field mags and the bare mount is for the EK or PR.