• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS. GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Marquette 501 UL ?

kilysa

Registered
I recently got a OLD marquette AC arc welder I was hopeing someone could help me find the worth

Model # 501 UL
Serial # 103491
primary volts- 230
primary amperes- 37
secondary amperes- 180 MAX
open circuit voltage- 80 MAX
cycles-60
phases-1
secondary volts-25
rated duty cycle-20%

I have no year for it

Attachments

Delco 32 Volt

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/13/2010
Re: marquette 501 UL ?

I don't know the year,but I use one just like it almost every day.Very good machine!Just. don't try to lift it.Lots of copper in the windings. Steve

NodRemark

Registered
Re: Marquette 501 UL ?

I contacted Lincoln Electric and they told me the 501 was built during the late 50's to the early 60's. They emailed me a pdf file copy of the owners manual. I paid $70 for mine a few weeks ago. I did a little cleaning and had to change out the male cap on the electric feed to meet current 50AMP code. I plugged it in and it purrs like a kitten. Nice machine IMHO.

andersrick

Registered
Re: Marquette 501 UL ?

Your original response----I contacted Lincoln Electric and they told me the 501 was built during the late 50's to the early 60's. They emailed me a pdf file copy of the owners manual.

Hi, I know some time has past since you posted this response on the Marquette Arc Welder manual. I just obtained the same model, works great but I would like to find a manual. i did try Lincoln Electric, but they were no help to me. Do you still have the manual you were able to obtain? Would you be willing to share it?