• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Massey Ferguson 30 Tractors

SteamFire

Registered
Just want to know how many Massey Ferguson 30 Tractors made in Paris,France there are in Australia. Also does anyone have any original sales brochures,manuals etc for a Massey Ferguson 30, any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

ianoz

Registered
Re: Massey Ferguson 30 Tractors.

Hi, I saw a 30 out at biloela rally on the weekend ,and i am sure there is one going through ebay at the moment .Ian.

Teddey

Registered

A few MF 30s and later 130s came to Tassie, used on orchards and small farms. They pop up occasionally at auctions. They were never as popular as the British built 35s and 135s.
No, sorry, haven't got any advertising guff on them.
Teddey

Manuel

Registered

Some manuals are avail in Australia for the MF30 tractors.

Manuel in Oz

Norm Johnston

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
08/13/2019

Steamfire
back in the seventies there was 3 Massey Ferguson 30 tractors in the central gippsland area but unfortunately I dont know what happened to them. At the time they were considerd to be a bit of a bugger of a tractor as the local dealers did knot know any thing about them and parts were hard to source.

andrewmf30

Registered

I do have most the sales and maintenance literature for these machines. I am almost through a ground up rebuild of mine. These units were a reasonable machine however when they break it can be costly. Areas of weakness are the 2nd stage gearbox input shaft and the final drives. Be sure to check the gearbox to bell housing fastners regularly. Hydraulic filters are unobtainable through Fleetgaurd, Ryco etc so I made mine. Do not ignore the final drives making metal as this is the start of the headache, it will be iron that they produce as opposed to steel. Engines are the Perkins A4.107, the brother of the still in production A4.108. The 4.107 is wet sleeve and does not give too much trouble. It is a 3 main bearing crank, the 4.108 has 5. Clutches are available new form AgClutch here in Adelaide however, as mentioned earlier the 2nd stage input shaft is susceptible to severe spline wear caused by poor manufacturing. These shafts and splines are unique to this tractor, as are most the parts.
Hope this helps
Andrew

Bud Tierney

Registered

Out of idle curiosity checked a couple US parts catalogs for the 30 and 130s engines...
1986 Fed-Mogul bearings shows "...MF30 Diesel 4.203 and MF30 Diesel 4.212...", and the "...MF130 4.107...".
1994 Clevite bearings shows "...MF30 A4.203 and AG4.212...", and the "...MF130 A4.107...".
(1) These are US catalog listings, and those engines may not've been fitted to AU units; AUs may all be 4.107s as Andrew noted;
(2) Neither catalog states whether engines listed are diesel/gas, and I know nothing of Perkins engines myself.
(3) If the other engines listed might be preferable to the 4.107, they may not be drop-in fits, and even if so their power curves etc may not be suitable for AU units.
(4) I do assume that "AG" means gas, which (if correct) contradicts the "Diesel 4.212", unless Perkins produced the 4.212 in both diesel and gas.

barkly59

Registered

I am trying to locate a water pump for my MF 30 does anyone know where I can buy a unit . thanks

Manuel

Registered

I did a search and found this one on Oz ebay @ the moment for A$177. Item number: 261154238118. The seller is MD Tractors in Melb. They even give their ph no.

This is what the seller says--->

MD92424 Massey Ferguson 30 130 Tractor Water Pump suits Perkins 107 108 Engines
Suits Massey Ferguson 30 & 130 when fitted with a
Perkins 4-107 4 Cyl Diesel Engine
Also suits Perkins 4-107 4-108 4 Cyl Diesel Engines
1 x Water Pump inc Pulley
1 x Water Pump Gasket
Part No: MD92424
Replaces Original Part No: MF 3639506M1, 748095M91 & Perkins U5MW0054

Hope this helps.

Manuel in Oz

barkly59

Registered

Thanks Manuel I will check it out , hope I am not to late and the part has sold.
regards
barkly 59

marky2

Registered

Just want to know how many Massey Ferguson 30 Tractors made in Paris,France there are in Australia. Also does anyone have any original sales brochures,manuals etc for a Massey Ferguson 30, any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
Hi Steamfire,
I'm hoping that you are still around as this post was from 2010. I have an mf30 and have trouble getting any parts, specifically the two alloy cam and lever on the lift shaft (under the gear box cover) they are held by pinch bolts, I found both had cracked at the pinch bolt so wouldn't maintain a setting,got them both welded and got the hydraulics working but now they have cracked again.any ideas where to get any parts? also would like a hydraulics seal kit.
thanks for any help,cheers mark

LukeArthur

Registered

Hey mate did u end up find any parts because I'm after the same part. As well as trying to get filters.

cobbadog

Registered

We had a French made MF 30 parked up next to us last Sunday. All going well for him he will be at this weekends Yesteryear Truck Show at Wauchope. He had fun finding the part that sits on top of the radiator grille and found that someone nearby had a mould to remake it out of plastic not the original alloy. His has been re painted and is in excellent condition.

Attachments

barkly59

Registered

G/day
I am rebuilding MF 30 with a 4-107 Perkins and I don't have a workshop manual . Can someone please help with some info. I need the torque values for tightening the cylinder head nuts, big end and main bearing cup bolts and inlet and exhaust valve clearance .
Thank you .

cobbadog

Registered
Hi Barkly59,
The other option is what I did when rebuilding the David Brown Cropmaster. I needed the torque values of the bolts and a mate said go look up torque specs for that size bolt and it worked a treat. Later I found all the settings in a manual I forgot about and they were the same value. So that's another option for you.

barkly59

Registered
Thanks cobbadog I got onto that site that Ianoz gave me and got the info needed but like you said there is a lot of info on high tensile etc bolt torque values available on the net . That perkins A4-107 engine was used a lot in small boats and parts are easy to source. Cheers.

rod baker

Registered
hi all seems like this one of the only posts running on mf30's
ill keep it short ive just bought one in a slightly abused condition when i got it its breaks have been relined but not yet fitted im not to worried about this , and it had no working pto on engine speed and no hydraulics on checking the splined coupler had slid and disengaged no damage done thankfully .
on startup after fixing that the slasher came all the way to the top and now wont come down.
i have a users manual and have tried everything im expecting i will have to take the top of but cant cos it has a slasher on any advice on how to do this please

Rod Baker