• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Massey Harris 12/20

John Palmer

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2013
Hi All, I have just picked up a 12/20. the carb is missing and was wondering if anyone had a spare or could tell me what would do. A friend thought they had a Kingston fitted? Will get some pictures up. The number is 106113. Thanks John

TSeaberg

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/30/2014
As Phil said it is a L3V Kingston carburetor. From what I have seen there is no other tractor that used the same carburetor as the 12-20. The Challenger / Pacemaker used a very similar carburetor except it had the water injection and throttle butterfly in the carb where the 12-20 had those located in the vaporizer. A newer Challenger / Pacemaker carb can be used it the vaporizer is changed, but those are hard to find too.

Here are a couple of mine so you know what to look for.

John Palmer

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2013
Thank you both for your help. I am trying to load photos, I bought the gas engine shown from an old sawmill and they rang me later and said they had found this old tractor and was I interested in buying! I am really a stationary man but thought it would be a show stopper if I could get it running and take to a show as is. Any idea what year, roughly? Thanks John

Attachments

retrohead

Email NOT Working
Now that's a really nice engine! I know a few people this side that would like that, myself included!
Te Massey looks great, nice find and even better being offered it first. Hope you get it running, look forward to updates.

RustyRelics UK

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/29/2019
Hello John, :wave:
Nice engine there, Once you've got the tractor bug it's hard to shake off look at me, I was/still am gas engine mad and then I bought a old Allis-Chalmers crawler 3 years ago, and now I have 16 Tractors, (No. 17 is on it's way!!!) to go along with my dads 55 or 60 tractors. I had to get the correct carb for my Wallis 20-30 and that had to come from Indiana, after 18 months of searching and a tip off from a nice fellow collector
Good luck getting it going

All the best
Carl Hargreaves

Rick Schmitz

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/12/2011
John
According to the MH data book the 12/20 was built from 1929-1935, S/N # 100,000 - 107,000.
I think it would be safe to assume yours (#106113) would be a 1934 or 1935.

John Palmer

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2013
Thanks Rick, for the date. Has anyone out there got a Kingston L3V I could prise out of them ? John