• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Maynard W2329

Kickstand55

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/03/2020
I just ran across a Maynard W2329 today in back of a "BAAHN" in NH. Seems to be missing a mag and maybe other vital parts.
Flywheel turns, has a hand crank attached. Difficult to see as there's much stuff keeping it hostage.
Anyone have any idea of it's worth as is?
I'll have pics available at another time.

Kickstand

Doug Kimball

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/10/2019
Kickstand,
Maynard was Charles William Stores "house" name for engines manufactured by others that they retagged as their own. The most common Maynards were from either Nelson Bros. or Jacobson. Photos will help.
PS Where is Pinardville?

Kickstand55

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/03/2020
Pinardville is the West Side of Manchester, NH and part of Goffstown.
Eduard Pinard developed the community bearing his name in the late 1800. From Canada a French guy he was dere'.
The French came here around the 1830 or so to work the mills on the Merrimack River and were a formidable work force along with the Greeks that came later.
There was a steam fire pumper manufacturing company on the east side of the river and if I'm right, the same company became a steam locomotive manufacturer.
You can see one of the engines in White River Junction, VT. as a museum piece.
Lots of history here.