• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Maytag 1947 Long Base Twin Restored

MedicHamilton

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/06/2015
i picked this engine up about when i was 15. and im 21 now. and well i didnt like how it looked before. so i decided to re restore it and put it on a shelf. where it belongs. Don henry helped me with this one. when i was younger.

let me know what you think. any suggestions?

Attachments

MedicHamilton

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/06/2015
Re: 1947 longbase twin re- restored

as apposed to a orange ribbon>? ha ha thanks@!!

MedicHamilton

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/06/2015

nope not original at all. but there are very beautiful like the brass bolts. a good friend of mine made them.

Dennis Wyatt

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/30/2014

Very Very Nice!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap: Was wondering, Did all the early long based twins have the Wico mag?

Bigjoedo

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/15/2013
Re: 1947 Long Base Twin Restored

Very nice Restoration Job, Nice Maytag!!

Bigjoedo

grega

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/30/2016
Looks Great! The one thing i would do would be to take some rubbing compound and a scotch pad to the flywheel and coil plate and then use a buffer where possible and just hand polish the rest. It wuld be alot of work, but i think it would look even better. Iv done that with the heads on Briggs As, Bs, Ks, and Zs, and you can get them so shiny you can see your face in them! but thats after alot of work.
-Greg

Mark Shulaw

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/27/2013

Was wondering, Did all the early long based twins have the Wico mag?
Long base tanks are not a sign of early or late twins or even anywhere in between. The tank was a special ordered item so you could use a twin to replace a 82 or 92. So it can be found on any vintage without arument. Now the Wico ignition is a later ignition system. Just check the serial number to find its date. Mark