• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Maytag Twin Long Base

Dengine

Registered
Last Subscription Date
07/19/2012
Here are some pictures of what i'll call a preservation. First year October 1937 Maytag Twin with the long base. Coil checked out so I cleaned the gas tank and vent hole, fuel pick up, filed and reset points, new spark plugs and tank gasket. It fired up and ran real good. Still retains quite a bit of the original paint. I made the cart for it using a set of old cast iron wheels, and the roller release from an early wringer washer for a handle stop. I have about 3 hours running the engine, it starts easy and runs great. I'm looking for a complete original exhaust for it. My plan is to leave it as is take it to some shows and just keep running it. Hope you enjoy seeing it. Den

Attachments

RodneyBates

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
Looks like a real nice job! I really like the idea of the wringer
push painted up like that. I'm still looking for my first long base twin.

Dan Baalman

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/26/2017
Rodney I had a really nice long base, 99% original paint, but sold it with all the rest of the Maytag pile.

MaytagKid

Registered
Rodney I had a really nice long base, 99% original paint, but sold it with all the rest of the Maytag pile.

How come you sold them? Onto other things? :)

Dan Baalman

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/26/2017
Had twenty some engines and tons of parts, just got tired of them being in the way