• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

McDonald SD.

asw20

Registered
Hi all. Picked up a McDonald SD on Sunday. Turns over with great compression (more than my running SE), but has several broken parts. Most of these I have the bits to braze back together, but not the injector lever; the broken-off piece is missing. I can see it has had a number of repairs in antiquity (thinking it was dropped) and it has been dropped again more recently.
Does anyone have one which they could take a picture of the lever for me, please? I figure it's just flat, but would like to be sure.

Thanks, Jarrod.
Resized_20200630_205959.jpegResized_20200630_205959.jpeg

asw20

Registered
I also found a faint trace of red pinstriping. Doubt I'll ever get to painting it, but it would be nice to redo that, if I did. My SE has only grey paint. This one seems to have grey underneath the green. Does anyone know what's original for these?
Thanks, Resized_20200628_184206.jpegJarrod.

Resized_20200628_184206.jpegI

Scotty 2

Registered
Hello Jarrod.
Nice little McDonald those SD's. A lot smaller then the C series which makes them easier to move around. 2hp @ 500rpm. 3-1/2x5" stroke. Yours would have a cylinder liner in it as well.
Yep, It's fairly flat in the front but, if I remember, there's a bit of a rib on the back for strength. It also kinda curves around the head. If no-one has posted a picture before tonight I'll get a Polaroid of our CC setup. It looks very similar.

As a side note: 726SD is from 1935 (532-744). Good year that year. My mum was born then. Her birthday is tomorrow actually.

Cheers Scott

Scotty 2

Registered
I just remembered. I got the Kodak out when I started pulling the old girl apart. That in itself is the reason why I took pictures.

cobbadog

Registered
Obviously it is nothing like the ones on the SE models. I have a spare one of them that has slight damage where the fork should be but it is nothing like what you need.
Happy Birthday to your Mum Scotty for tomorrow..