• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Mecc Alte spa ECO 28-1L/4 15KW output only 55 volts max

Yotabota

Registered
I could take them the whole thing engine and all, I have a tractor with forks. I installed it where it is, just never been on the inside of generator. It has hooks on it the gen part. Has bolts around the engine on outside and would guess remove screens on sides to remove on engine flywheel. I figured why can't you go at it from the other end? I removed the 4 rods but looks like rear is pressed on with the the bearing and metal looks fragile like "pot metal". I see where u at. I'm trying to have a Ships Engineer 23 years exp come look at it. I know those Ca prices are HIGH but what is a ball park figure.

Wayne 440

Registered
I am reasonably sure that the regulator on hand can be wired to use the output windings as both power and sensing. See this page from the manual I linked earlier.

Attachments

Yotabota

Registered
I have that paper comes with regulator. So you saying rewire it like this: #1- Blue stays,#2 blank stays, #3 yellow stays, red remove from #3A and install on #4A, green stays on #4, other red #5, Jumper that was on #6 & 5A moves to #3A and #4. Black stays on #5C. Ones not listed now will be blank/no connections?

Do I have this correct? I will install original AVR in case something happens if good I have 2 to return. Will all work well in this situation? Can I still run AC with nothing else on it etc gets hot here ya know.

Wayne 440

Registered
I have that paper comes with regulator. So you saying rewire it like this....
With all due respect, I'm not comfortable with providing detailed wiring instructions remotely. This is the "procedure that would take me 10 minutes...complicated for remote instruction" thing I mentioned earlier. My thinking (with no warranty expressed or implied) is only 4 wires from your generator to the regulator - 2 (blue-yellow) for the field and 2 (green-black) for power/sensing. The placement of those leads and the needed jumpers between other AVR terminals are explained on the linked page.

...Will all work well in this situation? Can I still run AC with nothing else on it etc...
I do not know how well it will or won't work, and make no warranty expressed or implied.

Yotabota

Registered
Mr. Wayne440, just a quick note to you. I have power PTL and thank you very much,and to Mr. Vogt. Oh and PTL I am fine and it's fine. If make you feel any better I can do electrical no problems, I wired my home and use to do ALL the maintenance for 23 Bank Branches. I just like to concur with what I am doing. The good news I have a generator that works again. I got to run for now will talk to you later again I thank you both very much I owe you a hamburger at least.

Wayne 440

Registered
Glad you have it working and thanks for letting us know the outcome. Many times people just disappear after they get things going (or not) and we are left to guess what might have happened.